Did anyone here do a business course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Just wondering how you guys started. Did you do a business cource or get advice from friends, husbands etc. xx

I have just done 2 days of a 3 day business course, doing the 3rd day in 4 weeks time.
Havent set up my business yet but hoping to get started in the next few months

Hiya :)

I did a Women into Business course with Business Link for my jewellery biz I was running part time but it was about 3 years ago! I still have my course notes and refer to them sometimes and they're easily adaptable to my current beauty biz now.

HTH's

xx

I used to have a personal assistant business and before I opened I took a really in depth entrepreneurial course. I think it was about 4 or 5 months long.

When I opened my salon I pulled out all my old notes, and dusted off the old brain....

I left being a beauty therapist to do a f/t business course and eventually got a degree. I think it has helped enormously this time around coming back to the beauty industry, although a general course is sufficient! I think nowadays most people are computer literate but I was not when I started. I am just about to complete a web design course so I can do my own site as well. What ever business course you can do will be a great asset - so many have talent but do not have the necessary skills to build a good business. :)

HI, i went on a free business course with Business link. covers everything from tax, marketing etc and its all free! just google business link! xx

Many many moons ago, business studies degree. Probably forgot more than I learnt now lol.

I have business qualifications from years ago, but I found that the experience I gained from working in different industries helped me out a lot more with the actual learning of how business is done in practice.

Certainly if business link are offering courses for free, why not take one and learn the fundamentals of the things you will need to know for your own business.

Something small like this is great for people becoming self employed, as there are a lot of things covered in traditional business studies qualifications which are somewhat irrelevant to the small business owner or self employed person.

Latest posts

Back