Did someone say something

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey1969

Reaction score
ive done an eyebrow definition course last year but before i done it i put on my page that i was going to do HD Brows (before anyone says why not the HD brow course, it was what i could afford at the time) anyway after the course i forgot about changing the wording because i had to take 3 months off work due to a major operation. anyway when i came back to work i started advertising my brows and then a lady messaged me regarding my wording which of course i changed straight away but everywhere i go salons have big signs in there windows advertising HD Brows between £10 £15 and when i have enquired about them i am told they take about 15 minutes to do. I work from home so how did they know about me.

Clearly someone (probably a HD stylist) reported you. You can't advertise HD Brows if it isn't HD Brows the brand they can tell you to remove it and quiet rightly - I don't offer HD brows brands as I don't have the call for them but if I'd paid the hefty price tag I wouldn't be happy seeing the brand advertised cheaply either from a non trained HD brow stylist. You can call them high definition brows or the treatment you trained in. I did Hi Brows and that's what I advertise it as. I understand you were off for 3 months but you admit you did advertise it as HD Brows [emoji4]

I did advertise them as high definition brows but was told i couldn't because its the same as saying HD brows. I just wish the person who reported me on my friends list would of just politely message me stating this. There are loads of salons on the high street some i dont think are qualified because they wax first then tint and send the client home with tint still on and tell them to wash it off after 2hrs those are the ones that should be reported.

You can advertise them as high definition eyebrows - it's three words not the trade marked HD Brows - someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I am as "high definition" eyebrow looks have been around many moons prior to the brand of HD! Jeez I can't believe some salons near you are actually waxing before tinting never mind sending client home with tint still on! They are just asking to cause allergic reactions aren't they?!
Just draw a line on the whole "HD brow" advertising and advertise your treatment either under the brand it is or call your treatment something else "your salon name eyebrow treatment" etc x

[emoji33] tint on waxed eyebrows for 2 hrs? Surely that's an over exaggeration?! (Not of you pp, the people that have had it done)

When one of my clients came for nails i couldn't look at her face (new client) she asked me what i thought of her eyebrows i said i think i would of done them slightly smaller to suit your face (she looked like a clown) and then i said i dont think they have took all the tint off she said no all of it is still on and they told her to wash it off on the night time this treatment took 15 minutes and she paid £15 for what they advertised to br HD Brows. I told her the steps which i was taught and to you tube it as well. She said she felt she was ripped off and wanted me to go to the salon with her of course i refused and told her to tell them she had watch the procedure on you tube. All this client got was a wax and tint and the salon called this HD BROWS.

Ironically HD brows are now changing their name to High Definition Brows due to them being sued for using a name that was already copywrited (HD), so this is why they are probably pouncing on your name :)

Latest posts

Back