Diet support thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Spring is here and I have a good stone and a half to shift ... Anyone else ?

I thought we could try and support each other by suggesting meals, discussing diet plans, giving ideas of things to do instead of eating ie do your nails lol, bubble bath etc

We can do this together

I'm restarting today. I lost 6 stone 2 years ago and have gained a fair whack if it back on [emoji22]

I've been of the mind that I need to shift the pounds, and have been for a while. Mentally, I'm so motivated, but I haven't physically got off my backside yet.

I told myself that I would go swimming every morning before work and stop snacking on crap all day, and it's been 3 weeks of 'okay I'll start tomorrow' and then sit in front of the TV and scoff an entire multipack of wotsits [emoji15]

My eating habits are the worst they've ever been because I quit smoking this week and now eat instead.

My only saving grace is that I've started keeping bags of apples everywhere so I can snack on those, and that I don't currently drive, so I walk pretty much everywhere, even the 3 miles to work each day.

Is there anything specific you've started doing differently so far blossom?
I've always eaten lots of fruit, but the benefits are probably negated by the rest of the junk and copious amounts of cheese I cook with.
I definitely think I'll start upping my veg intake, cutting down the cheese, and eating more regular meals to improve my metabolism. And finally stop talking about swimming, which I do love, and actually do it.

I'm restarting today. I lost 6 stone 2 years ago and have gained a fair whack if it back on [emoji22]

It creeps back without you realising doesn't it. I've put my weight on since my mum died about 18 months ago, comfort eating I guess.

How did you lose that 6 stone ciderella?

(Lol I accidentally typed Cinderella and my auto correct actually suggested ciderella lol )

Fee since Saturday I've cut out carbs except veg and have lost 4lb already but it's hard going.

Are you going to exercise as well as an eating plan? I think that's best but all I do is walk the dog ATM

That's a good start, I think blossom
I definitely need to exercise alongside changing my food habits, it's mostly some stubborn baby weight I'd like to loose and get more toned. Although I need to stop calling it that because the 'baby' is now 12!
If I exercise, I might not have to restrict too much of what I eat, which I've always struggled with, but I'd like a healthy lifestyle all round.

I started trying to lose weight and had a good start losing 7lb but then life got in the way lol.

The 7lb is still off but I need to eat better and get myself to the gym.

We go away in 7 weeks so I want to lose a stone for then. My big goal is my 30th in September though. I want 4 stone off for then xx

Ooh gosh FB that reminds we, we're off to Majorca in the summer [emoji33] I will look like a beached whale as I'm only 5'2 and all the weights round my belly

How funny, that's where i'm off to in May!

Tell me about it. That's where my weight is sitting too. I'm going to look like humpty dumpty if i'm not careful x

Whereabouts FB? We're going to Cala d'Or x

Palma nova, near magaluf but in the quiet bit x

I'm in peeps! I need all the help I can get. lol cake and wine are my enemies! [emoji37] I have recently joined slimming world and am working towards my first stone lost. I did weight watchers before and lost 3 stone but could not lose anymore. Slowly it started to creep on again so thought I would give slimming world a go. Holiday target is to have non jiggly legs!! lol [emoji41]

I find 4-5 and 9pm are the times I'm most likely to snack. Doesn't help having a 6'1" husband with a waist measurement just 2" bigger than when he was 19 who eats constantly from when he gets in from work grrrrr and eats all the naughty things too

My hubby is good, he is really considerate, makes sure that I have the meals I need. When I want a snack, he'll get me an apple, whilst he eats a bar of chocolate or cake! [emoji43]

I'm looking at joining slimming world. My bf wants to lose a couple of stone as well so he said he'll come with which is nice.

I can't stand people eating the good stuff while handing me the healthy stuff lol xx

You started it!!! well my fellow tubbies lets get skinny. I am on a diet and I have 3 stone to lose. No joking about. It's time to say goodbye to them cakes and minstrels
You need to physically say goodbye to them. No kfc no pizza nothing of the sort. If you fancy a kebab your going to have to make one. From scratch and I have lots of fun recipes to share.

My hubby is good, he is really considerate, makes sure that I have the meals I need. When I want a snack, he'll get me an apple, whilst he eats a bar of chocolate or cake! [emoji43]

That's so sweet, but I'd have to go out, I can't bear to watch when I can't have it lol

We'll lose our rolls and our chins
Fit into our clothes again or hopefully need to buy new ones
I never lose it out of my face tho, from birth to now I've always had chubby cheeks

I have chubby cheeks and I need to lose some face fat lol

It creeps back without you realising doesn't it. I've put my weight on since my mum died about 18 months ago, comfort eating I guess.

How did you lose that 6 stone ciderella?

(Lol I accidentally typed Cinderella and my auto correct actually suggested ciderella lol )

Fee since Saturday I've cut out carbs except veg and have lost 4lb already but it's hard going.

Are you going to exercise as well as an eating plan? I think that's best but all I do is walk the dog ATM
Ha!! Most people think it is Cinderella lol.

I did a Very Low Calorie Diet for 7 months so it was 4 meal replacement packs per day. It's the easiest I've ever lost weight and I kept if off for a while until recently. The diet company used my story on their website etc. I haven't felt great for a while and skipped meals, ate huge amounts of chocolate, drank too much wine and rarely went out anywhere. Not a good combination.

Have you felt ok cutting out carbs? I've a headache already and I'm hungry but I know within 4 days it will be much easier.

Is it meant to be ciderella?? Like the drink cider

Latest posts

Back