Difference between fillers and botox

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockateer

Reaction score
HI all what IS the difference between the two
I am not looking to do it just want to clarify, no bitchyness ta just picking more brains than what i have doem already in work
Ta

HI all what IS the difference between the two
I am not looking to do it just want to clarify, no bitchyness ta just picking more brains than what i have doem already in work
Ta
From what I have read, botox is a poison which paralyses muscles and restricts the muscles e.g. restricts the muscles in the forehead from frowning. Fillers are substances which plump out areas e.g. lips etc. I am not sure on the ingredients or anything regarding the procedure, I just got this from reading information etc.

Hope this helps

Thanks donny thats the understanding i had, i may google away so just thought i could get more accutare answers from more experienced people than wat google will feed me !!

From what I have read, botox is a poison which paralyses muscles and restricts the muscles e.g. restricts the muscles in the forehead from frowning. Fillers are substances which plump out areas e.g. lips etc. I am not sure on the ingredients or anything regarding the procedure, I just got this from reading information etc.

Hope this helps

Hi thats basically it from what I understand. Most fillers these days are made from hyaluronic acid which occurs naturally in the dermis and is responsible for the 'plumpness' associated with younger looking skin. It is an ingredient found in many anti ageing creams so by injecting it into the skin you are getting a much more potent dose. Fillers are most commonly used to treat the lower part of the face such as naso labial (smile lines) and lips where as botox is more commonly used on the upper face.

Just off the top of my head!
x

thanks guys appreciate, botox seems harsher though right, it paralyses the muscle in question so fillers would be nore natural if have similiar make up to our genetics, hmmmmm food for thought !

iv had both treatments and wouldnt say botox is harsher. i had nasal-labial filler and it was very painfull. so much so i wouldnt have it again unless they gave me a local. its a thick gel so needs a bigger needle to pass through, after its injected it has to be massages very firmly into the site to spread it around or it would look lumpy, i found this toooooo painfull. Botox has a very fine needle and despite having 10 injections under my eyebrow, top of my cheeks and between my eyes, i found it much more comfortable than filler. botox comes from botulism which is a natural bacteria and is broken down by the body naturally. i cant wait to have more botox, iv had to put it on hold while im spending all my spare cash on more training

thanks guys appreciate, botox seems harsher though right, it paralyses the muscle in question so fillers would be nore natural if have similiar make up to our genetics, hmmmmm food for thought !

Not harsher. Not really paraliyse the muscle - that makes it sound bad. Its just used for different areas like someone already said.

Botox sort of flattens things out like wrinkles while fillers bulk things out.

how does an individual chose whether they want to flatten an area or plump it then??

how does an individual chose whether they want to flatten an area or plump it then??

Are you talking about for yourself? There are certain places botox works better and certain places fillers are better, sometimes you can use both in the same area. When you have your consultation the practitioner will recommend the best treatment for your needs.

x

nO i DONT WANT IY YET THANKS HAHAH , THATS A HINT, ITS FOR A CLIENT, AND ALSO THE ENVIRONMET I WORK IN I WANTED TO HAVE MORE KNOWLEDGE ITS ALL GOOD I HAVE LEARNED THROUGH WORK TA A MILL

Basically it has been said before, botox can relax the muscle stopping or reducing the muscular contraction and fillers will fill out a line. Do you have someone going into your salon to do it? If so, do you want more info to be able to sell it more?

The more info the better thanks anna
pm me sure maye if ye get a sec
xx

Botox - is Botulinum Toxin Type A, is a neuro toxin derived from a fermented strain of bacteria that causes botulism. It is not botulism itself. Normally used as a medication to treat neuromuscular conditions, it is used in the beauty industry to arrest wrinkling of the skin. The toxin serves to block activity in a muscle's nerves which causes temporary reduced activity by preventing the release of acetylcholine - a nerve chemical which allows the muscle to contract (eg. the premise of its use being that the muscle doesn't contract and the resulting lack of movement lessens look of the line and/or from further lines being caused).

Fillers - depending on which one you use, a filler can consist of a number of substances - collagen (human and animal), human fat, your own collagen (reinjected), connective tissue, hyaluronic acid etc, the latter being a naturally occurring substance in the body which fills spaces between collagen and elastin fibres in the skin and is present in all living tissues. They don't fill a line per se but fill the area beneath the line in order to lessen its appearance. However, just as not all fillers are the same nor are they used for the same purposes. Different formulae provide different results, usually in terms of longevity, function and look.

Botox - used for wrinkles caused by contraction of muscles.

Fillers - used for wrinkles at rest, fat replacement, body part enhancement, skin conditions etc.

An individual chooses whether to flatten, fatten, align, realign and enhance via consultation with their health care practitioner. They don't and can't make an informed decision on their own. A full medical history is taken and the client is asked to outline the changes they want to make/see and decisions are made by the practitioner based on this in conjunction with their expertise.

velveteen thanks fro that
xx

Latest posts

Back