Difficult client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jade Partridge

Reaction score
Usually I am not so bad with dealing with difficult clients, I know to smile and never let it bother me but today somebody has really got the better of me.

I work in a Hotel running a Spa, The guests all speak german (I can speak a fair bit since living here two years but when it comes to technical talk I dont have a chance) Usually the guests really help me when i get stuck and they are so lovely but today I had a lady come to me asking all sorts of questions to myself and the massage therapist and she seemed really nice until I told her I was English and could she please repeat something, She asked me about a Treatment and could she see the room in which I do it in (wanted to have a look at the products used) when we got into the room she asked me how I can possibly think its okay to live in this country when I can't even speak the Language properly and that I should have learned it before I decided to become a kosmetiker here, I appologised for the way she felt and explained that I take lessons but after this she began complaining loudly about everything so my other Spa guest could hear.
she said the pool and spa area was dirty and that I wasnt doing my job properly I went upstairs to get management and they were talking (by which time the massage therapist was doing a treatment)I started to prepare my room for my next client and when I came out realised that someone had been in one of my treatment rooms and the cupboards were open and all the lights were on. nothing has been taken that I can see but I dont know how to handle this. I can only imagine it was her since all the 'problems' I had to leave the area to fix- We have no CCTV since it is a Nude area

I will also add that all of the problems didnt exist when I checked them

Usually I am not so bad with dealing with difficult clients, I know to smile and never let it bother me but today somebody has really got the better of me.

I work in a Hotel running a Spa, The guests all speak german (I can speak a fair bit since living here two years but when it comes to technical talk I dont have a chance) Usually the guests really help me when i get stuck and they are so lovely but today I had a lady come to me asking all sorts of questions to myself and the massage therapist and she seemed really nice until I told her I was English and could she please repeat something, She asked me about a Treatment and could she see the room in which I do it in (wanted to have a look at the products used) when we got into the room she asked me how I can possibly think its okay to live in this country when I can't even speak the Language properly and that I should have learned it before I decided to become a kosmetiker here, I appologised for the way she felt and explained that I take lessons but after this she began complaining loudly about everything so my other Spa guest could hear.
she said the pool and spa area was dirty and that I wasnt doing my job properly I went upstairs to get management and they were talking (by which time the massage therapist was doing a treatment)I started to prepare my room for my next client and when I came out realised that someone had been in one of my treatment rooms and the cupboards were open and all the lights were on. nothing has been taken that I can see but I dont know how to handle this. I can only imagine it was her since all the 'problems' I had to leave the area to fix- We have no CCTV since it is a Nude area

I will also add that all of the problems didnt exist when I checked them

ahhh stressful! did management agree with you?

I think we all have the odd customer like that who are just generally disagreeable, don't focus on it, think of all the customers pleased with your work and you are doing so amazing learning a new language and working in a different country

Yeah he agreed but she is back today and quite honestly I dont want to treat her. It kept me up all night, I have never in my life met someone so mean!

Yeah he agreed but she is back today and quite honestly I dont want to treat her. It kept me up all night, I have never in my life met someone so mean!

I would refuse to treat her tbh. How dare she insult you like that!!

Last edited by a moderator:
How did it go today Jade ? I hope you managed to avoid her.

There was absolutely no need for her rudeness, no need at all. I do however think she has a point when she mentioned the language barrier. Good on you for taking the time to learn the language but at the same time keep in mind how difficult and annoying it must be for the clients. Im not trying to be rude, i must admit that if i went to a salon and the therapist couldn't speak the common language of the country, i wouldnt go back. Having said that though, dont let this client bother you. Its not worth it. You are clearly a wonderful therapist, your boss wouldnt have employed you otherwise

How did it go today Jade ? I hope you managed to avoid her.

Oh after asking me about products I told her about one of the lovely face creams I use - she looked at me and told me she wont be using that then!!

There was absolutely no need for her rudeness, no need at all. I do however think she has a point when she mentioned the language barrier. Good on you for taking the time to learn the language but at the same time keep in mind how difficult and annoying it must be for the clients. Im not trying to be rude, i must admit that if i went to a salon and the therapist couldn't speak the common language of the country, i wouldnt go back. Having said that though, dont let this client bother you. Its not worth it. You are clearly a wonderful therapist, your boss wouldnt have employed you otherwise

I think she has a point with the language barrier also, maybe... ifi was în germanybut I am in a ski resort with 80% english speaking guests. And its really dissapointing that she felt the need to take me aside and be so cruel about it, especially as I had my german books in front of me on the reception desk. also I wasnt asking her to speak english as I understand german, I can also speak alot, I just cant speak in a technical way.

Turns out she had managed to upset many staff here, but she has left now. I will be happy to never see ehr again!!

Also she isnt from here, she is from germany, so my german is more austrian to her if that makes sense - I shouldn't let it bother me but she is just really cruel. I know she will leave bad feedback for the hotel as a whole as she complained the whole time, luckily her husband did appologise for her behaviour

Oh after asking me about products I told her about one of the lovely face creams I use - she looked at me and told me she wont be using that then!!

Omg how fking rude!! I would have said to her 'are you normally this rude to everyone you meet?' Or told her actually maybe that cream isn't so suitable for her, as not for ugly, po faced bints like her.

If she has been complaining about everything and her husband feels the need to go around apologizing for her behaviour..it says it all!

I know when you care about your work, dealing with people like this is very hard. It's not personal, it sounds like any therapist she had dealings with would have had the same problems with her as you did. Basically she sounds a bit of a nutter!
Well done for studying the local language, just make sure you get out there and do as conversation practice as you can..then in no time at all you'll be speaking like a local. :)

Also she isnt from here, she is from germany, so my german is more austrian to her if that makes sense - I shouldn't let it bother me but she is just really cruel. I know she will leave bad feedback for the hotel as a whole as she complained the whole time, luckily her husband did appologise for her behaviour
She seems like the sort that complains everywhere she goes. Shes just a rude cow. She'll get whats coming to her. Karma works in a mysterious way.

Omg how fking rude!! I would have said to her 'are you normally this rude to everyone you meet?' Or told her actually maybe that cream isn't so suitable for her, as not for ugly, po faced bints like her.
Oh this has just made my entire week!!

If you didn't laugh you would cry!! :D

Bless your heart. Just forget it ever happened. Some people seem to think that they have to make others feel small to make themselves feel important x

Latest posts

Back