Difficult Massage Client (long Post sorry)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blissful_Beauty

Reaction score
After being up and running for three months undertaken excllent training and having had a few funny/difficult/nice clients I have met the mother of all difficult ones. I am interested to hear how more experienced therapists would deal with this one! trying to keep it short first visit, 35 year old turns ups with her mother, i was unsure who the treament was for due to the crazy booking phone call I had received. It turned out to be mother although the daughter stayed for the whole full body Swedish massage talking and helping me by whisking towels and cushions out my hand. The lady was my last appointment that day and as soon as I had completed the massage to cries of "how do keep your arms in such good condition" the daughter asked for a manicure for mum due to a family event the next day long story short I did a file and polish. Daughter then tries to book a 8.30 full body for the next day, after explaning I do not book before 10 o clock she very reluctantly went, also during the file and polish she picked every nail colour/product up and tried to tell me how much better her own varnish was. I then did two very difficult massage for the daughter and sister the following week which included dealing with a two week old baby and eight year old. She booked and paid for eight treatments for mum and a further one for her self and bought a gift voucher. She can for a full body Swedish bringing her young daughter which was again a very difficult treatment to carry out professionally but I do feel I did the best in the circumstances, on finishing she promptly pushed me into a seat and began massaging my neck! it took me a couple of seconds to work out what was happening buy which time she was attempting to remove my tunic! during which it turned into a scuffle. I stood up and told her it was not acceptable to act in this way but she did not seem to understand and simply said she would let me know when she required her next treatment and went waving and smiling. I am going to refund her final payment but I do not know if I should refund the eight she bought her mother, she will not be in the country when her mother comes and her mother enjoyed her treatment very much i feel guilty, it is not about the money I gave her a very good discount for the bookings due to amount, your thoughts would be very helpful as this has upset me. Sorry for the length of the post but it is not an easy situation to explain.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted at your experience!!!

If her mother was no trouble then I'd carry on as planned. But perhaps be unavailable for future bookings. I know business is business, but this was unacceptable behaviour.

Latest posts

Back