Difficulty with salon manager!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimeelouise93

Reaction score
Sorry geeks!
Not long home from the salon and i feel i need a rant and some opinions!

I work in a salon that does Balmain double hair extensions, i personally dont like the method i dont think iy gves the client a very full thick look for only being 5 wefts. I have thick shoulder length hair and just think they would look ridicolous for me personally

One girl i work with felt the same and ordered keratin bonds and i applied these in salon for her with no issue. I decided these would be more suitable for me, so i ordered them and arrived in work to let her look at the hair etc. Only for my boss to say that she cant and doesnt want to have us both walking around salon because they are not what we do in salon, its not balmain & she doesnt think they look as good! (They look 100x better!!). The other girl was taken aback by this and made a remark of do you want me to take them out? To which my boss replied no.

I am fuming. I can see her point, but she cant just justify it to one member of staff and not another?! I obviously plan to have them looking nothing less than professional & natural. But they will be going in tomorrow regardless, i want to enhance my professional image surely this cant be a bad thing?

Any second opinions geeks?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry the boss is the boss, right or wrong. It's like walking round with Wella colour in a L'Oreal salon, or getting your haircut by the salon down the road. Unfortunately salons tend to have these rules, it's just the industry we work in.

Maybe have a civil chat rather than a confrontation with all 3 off you. I'd first of all address the issue of you working with extensions you dont like.

Btw, it used to be in some apprentice contracts that you didn't have a say in how your hair was done :)

I understand both points of view. And she's already invested in a certain brand. That being said it could have also bothered her that she saw a difference between the 2 brands. Meaning that yours looked better.

I don't do extensions and I'm not trained in them. But I do notice a lot of women walking around with extensions that aren't thick enough. It looks cheap. I've also noticed you can see where the real hair ends with the short bits on top and the extensions start, the longer area.

Personally, I would vent here and not vent at work. Maybe over time she'll see the difference and come around.

Were both junior members and we both have to do our colours outside of work as its 'not really quiet enough' to have it done in work.

So we both do walk around with colour that isnt the brand od the salon. Juat fruatrating that shes not so quick to bite back with our colour? More the principal of it all really. Especially when one staff member is able to walk around salon with her extensions in that isnt the salon brand.

I understand rules are rules and she obviously would like staff to have their hair done with the brands available in salon. But im just frustrated with at her principles towards staff really. :mad:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I personally don't like balmain and am now using another supplier but 5 strips of double hair is not enough for a full head application on thick hair and balmain would tell you this also. As regards to her rules rules are rules and i wouldn't want other staff at work walking round with extensions not done by myself. However if her hair isn't as good or as thick it would be worth both the juniors and staff have a civil word with her and say you've found another extension supplier that seems better quality and that it might be worth investing in this other supplier. Also she will probably find that this other supplier is cheaper and that she would make more profit as a lot of companies have hair just as good or better quality at half the price of balmain. And i know from first hand experience of using balmain in the past myself.

Were both junior members and we both have to do our colours outside of work as its 'not really quiet enough' to have it done in work.

So we both do walk around with colour that isnt the brand od the salon.

Thats shocking :eek:
I state in my contracts that each stylist can have there hair coloured every 8 weeks as we have a colour night & stop after work, its a good bonding session also. :D

Latest posts

Back