**Dilemma!!...Primer Problem!**

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel1981

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my 1st post....
I'm going to try out ' Hollywood' style toes...I have everything i need apart from a gel bonder, can i use my acrylic primer ( budget problem ) or do i need to buy a gel primer?
Thanks, look forward to replys :confused:
Angel.

Nothing to stop you using it .. but whether it will be successful or not is another thing. Presumably you have a gel primer which goes with your system and you should use it and not play 'chemist' but no one can stop you trying.

Thanks for the advice...I use NSI Attract Primer, and have purchased the white brush on gel, clear builder gel, and cleanse, all from NSI too, and just wondered if there was a big difference in the Attract Primer, and the Balance Bond Primer.
I use CND Acrylic Powders with Retention Liquid, along with my NSI Primer, and they work well together for me.
If money wasn't an issue i'd have every product available! :lol:

Angel

Thanks for the advice...I use NSI Attract Primer, and have purchased the white brush on gel, clear builder gel, and cleanse, all from NSI too, and just wondered if there was a big difference in the Attract Primer, and the Balance Bond Primer.
I use CND Acrylic Powders with Retention Liquid, along with my NSI Primer, and they work well together for me.
If money wasn't an issue i'd have every product available! :lol:

Angel
nsi attraction primer works iv used it on my gels :green:

Totally no need to do this...

Retention+ is primerless and your primer is not aiding you in any way....

So long as the nail plate is clean and shine free Retention+ will actually form a keratin bond directly to the nail plate... so currently you are spending money on a product you don't need.

Maybe this $$$ would be better spent on a primer for your gel..?!

hth's

I've never used a primer with any CND monomer since 1993!! They don't need it. One of the many reasons I love CND is that using it actually saves me money in more ways than just the primer.

So long as the nail plate is clean and shine free Retention+ will actually form a keratin bond directly to the nail plate.

thank you Envy for your advice, and information, its replys like this that are positive, helpful & doesn't shoot anyone down, so thanks!! :wink2:

So long as the nail plate is clean and shine free Retention+ will actually form a keratin bond directly to the nail plate.

thank you Envy for your advice, and information, its replys like this that are positive, helpful & doesn't shoot anyone down, so thanks!! :wink2:

Most welcome, we are here to help,
and I know from much experience so many techs have not had the real info or wonderful science of CND explained in easy, bite size pieces ;)

Enjoy - you will love it more and more as you realise the true potential

I've been using NSI L&P for a bit now and decided to do my toes this spring too...asked my distributor what she would recommend and she gave me some NSI one step that is being discontinued and said I could use my primer from my L&P, I don't see why you couldn't :)

Latest posts

Back