Dip and buff-any good or just a fad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa pink

Reaction score
Hi geeks I'm seeing on social media this dip and buff that was demonstrated at the beauty show, unfortunately I was unable to go this time. What are your thoughts ? Wondering about its strength?

Interested - especially for my ladies who have gel overlays at the moment as I believe this is stronger being acrylic based

Just giving this a little bump in case anyone has any info

Just had a peep at the Entity page and it just looks like a coloured version of the old tip & dip system that tried and failed to be popular years ago

Cuccio have a new product being released next month.
Think it's the same idea.

What kid of treatment offering "hole" do these kinds of products fill? What is their purpose? Are they for clients who want slimmer/more natural looking extensions? Are they just a slim overlay? Would they replace your standard hard gel/L&P? I don't do extensions/enchancements at all so excuse me if I'm being stupid, but I just don't see their purpose.

I may be wrong but you don't need much skill for this - yet they're stronger I guess. So would appeal to techs who are having trouble grasping gel or l&p But there are other issues or at least there were with tip'n'dip. I trained in it but discontinued it as I thought it was an inferior offering

To me it just seems like a "quicker" option to standard L&P enhancements, which is why I'm struggling to see the benefit in it. I always enjoy trying out new products, but this doesn't rly trigger my curious mind.
I think I'd rather spend my money on some standard L&P training instead. :)

I have not seen one single nail using any 'dipping' method that looks well structured and good to me. That's any of the new systems out, Young Nails Slick Pour (even the nail Greg did on the video was terrible in my opinion), Entity, SNS, whomever.

They are flat and wide with no strength structure (that I can see) - I predict a flurry of 'why are my clients nails breaking at the tip/snapping/lifting/chipping' threads off the back of these new systems.

Could it potentially be a replacement for silk/fibreglass repairs and overlays?

The Cuccio one is only for natural nails. Sounds like an acrygel system.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1475839623.441237.jpg

Not sure how you'd do a full set in 20 mins though...

Could it potentially be a replacement for silk/fibreglass repairs and overlays?

I think that's how it's being marketed, it's also latching on to the raft of 'gel polish techs' who have started since Gel Polish hit the world but they have no enhancement/extension skills which clients are starting to ask for, revert back to, etc. It's easy to learn, relatively fast to do so potentially will fill the 'hole' but I'm not convinced it's the solution many newbies think it is/will be. It's far from problem free, many of us 'oldies' have seen dipping systems come and go because they don't tend to live up to the hype, but the likes of L&P and structure gels remain constant because they do the job (when applied correctly of course).

Yeah k, it sounds like Cuccio is marketing as a gel polish alternative.
I'm still quite curious about it, mainly as I don't like judging things unless I've tried it, and I like trying things on myself, but I think I'd rather spend the money on some extensions training :)

Yeah k, it sounds like Cuccio is marketing as a gel polish alternative.
I'm still quite curious about it, mainly as I don't like judging things unless I've tried it, and I like trying things on myself, but I think I'd rather spend the money on some extensions training :)

Always always do your own research and make your choices on what works for you, you may find it's the perfect solution for you. Lets face it, there is no one brand of Gel Polish that works on all clients so who's to say this might not be the perfect product for what you want. Just go in gently and with open eyes. Get a tester kit, don't invest massively and see how you go.

Personally, I'd wait 3/4 weeks and see the longer term reaction, techs are using on themselves now and will progress to clients in a couple of weeks, they'll be coming back for rebalances/return appointments 2 weeks after that....then we'll see the impact - good or bad - based on FB and threads on here.

Always always do your own research and make your choices on what works for you, you may find it's the perfect solution for you. Lets face it, there is no one brand of Gel Polish that works on all clients so who's to say this might not be the perfect product for what you want. Just go in gently and with open eyes. Get a tester kit, don't invest massively and see how you go.

Personally, I'd wait 3/4 weeks and see the longer term reaction, techs are using on themselves now and will progress to clients in a couple of weeks, they'll be coming back for rebalances/return appointments 2 weeks after that....then we'll see the impact - good or bad - based on FB and threads on here.

That is exactly what I was going to do, great minds think alike! :)

Trinity how did you get to be so sensible [emoji12]

Latest posts

Back