Dip and buff-any good or just a fad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the first sets of techs are reporting their findings now on themselves. I'll happily give it a couple of months before investing and thanks to you all for your thoughts. As someone who's only been in the business for just under 2 years it's very good to hear the thoughts of those of you who've been doing this for years.

I didn't realise this system had been introduced in the past. Glad I've not jumped in with my wallet open just yet xx

Hi everyone, I have just invested in the dip and buff system. I currently offer; L and P, Hard Gel, Gel polish and Hybrids.

Personally, so far I am very impressed with it. At the moment I am wearing the "pink" over my natural nails. It is very, very thin, lovely and smooth and appears to be lovely and strong. I always have it over a tip on my thumb to see how it lasts.

I have completed a full set in 25 minutes on a client yesterday who has a colour application. Only think I would say is some colours may need 3 layers to get the complete opaque colour.

Hope that helps xx

Hi everyone, I have just invested in the dip and buff system. I currently offer; L and P, Hard Gel, Gel polish and Hybrids.

Personally, so far I am very impressed with it. At the moment I am wearing the "pink" over my natural nails. It is very, very thin, lovely and smooth and appears to be lovely and strong. I always have it over a tip on my thumb to see how it lasts.

I have completed a full set in 25 minutes on a client yesterday who has a colour application. Only think I would say is some colours may need 3 layers to get the complete opaque colour.

Hope that helps xx

Hi which system/brand did you try?

Hi, I am using Entity Dip n buff and INK London for everything else. X

Hope that helps xx
Hi
Have you had any clients back for maintenance yet? How are you finding its lasting?

My mum trialled it for me and she can't seem to keep anything on her nails! She had one chip but other than than a full set - Perfect! We had to soak them off - a) because I had training so needed her nails and b) to see how it soaked off. The whole lost removed with ease - 10 minutes in my steamer and it was gone! I have a French nail on (as I was playing) it's been on 3 weeks now and hasn't budged! I've also got another nail which I have tried it over a tip - again 3 weeks and I've just Infilled it - which was easy by the way! A few technical issues with a colour application as I found it was a bit messy and stained the skin - but after watching another YouTube video today I think I have mastered it!

Excuse my ignorance, I don't mean to be but, if you can polish neatly in the first place, im not sure how adding an extra 2 steps into it (dipping the finger in powder and buffing) is cutting time down or an advantage on any other system?

Excuse my ignorance, I don't mean to be but, if you can polish neatly in the first place, im not sure how adding an extra 2 steps into it (dipping the finger in powder and buffing) is cutting time down or an advantage on any other system?
Because it's longer lasting

Has anyone been on the training yet? Just wondering if there's been any updates on how people are finding it x

I have not seen one single nail using any 'dipping' method that looks well structured and good to me. That's any of the new systems out, Young Nails Slick Pour (even the nail Greg did on the video was terrible in my opinion), Entity, SNS, whomever.

They are flat and wide with no strength structure (that I can see) - I predict a flurry of 'why are my clients nails breaking at the tip/snapping/lifting/chipping' threads off the back of these new systems.

hi i had mine done with dip and buff. they are lifting away from my nail, tips of my nails are breaking. think i will stick with IBX

In my recent experience it damages the nails and chips clients then want to pick it off causing yet more damage. I found the products burn your eyes and the dust gives you a sore throat. Also it doesn't help that the products are out of stock a lot and you have to wait weeks for it to arrive!

Ive been a nail tech for 17 years, just had a four year break, but starting again. I remember years ago when the dip system came out and it was pretty crappy. Walked into the salon supply place and they had the entity dip system there, so I thought I'd try it. Unbelievable, I love it, it's easy, it's solid, the only part is it's slightly flat, but not overly. I've had it on for nearly three weeks. The colours are great as well. Funny when I saw it I thought wouldn't waste my money on it, but for some reason or rather I tried it and love it.

Ive been a nail tech for 17 years, just had a four year break, but starting again. I remember years ago when the dip system came out and it was pretty crappy. Walked into the salon supply place and they had the entity dip system there, so I thought I'd try it. Unbelievable, I love it, it's easy, it's solid, the only part is it's slightly flat, but not overly. I've had it on for nearly three weeks. The colours are great as well. Funny when I saw it I thought wouldn't waste my money on it, but for some reason or rather I tried it and love it.
Have you Infilled yet and how did you find it? [emoji5]️

Has anyone Infilled them yet?

Has anyone Infilled them yet?
I infilled when I was trialling the SNS system (I decided not to offer it as a service because I wasn't impressed with it and didn't have a 'need' for it). I was advised in training to only refill once, with full removal after a month, due to gradual cyanoacrylate breakdown, but it seems that others who trained elsewhere have not been advised of the same.

Was there anything in particular you wanted to know about the infill process?

Latest posts

Back