Dip dye correction advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I am seeing a client on Thursday who went to someone else for a dip dye. She has dyed brown hair (base 4) and wanted caramel blonde on the ends. It's quite orangey now. She says the bleach was on for about 30 mins. I'm going to try and get it lighter for her but wondering whether to tone at this stage and which toner would be best? A natural or something with a bit of ash in it? She knows its going to take a while to get it how she wants it.

Thanks

Id say probs to get it abit lighter first as sometimes its a waste of time putting toner on when its not lifted enough. Once its lifted a little more maybe use a 9.21 or 10.02 I find these work well but we use alfaparf xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Id say probs to get it abit lighter first as sometimes its a waste of time putting toner on when its not lifted enough. Once its lifted a little more maybe use a 9.21 or 10.02 I find these work well but we use alfaparf xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I thought it might end up being a waste of toner too, I think I'll lift it and then tone it after a couple of goes. Thank you :)

I'd actually lighten and get her to tone with blue shampoo when she washes . It'll be enough to brighten without
Dulling xx

I'd actually lighten and get her to tone with blue shampoo when she washes . It'll be enough to brighten without
Dulling xx

Just worried it won't go light enough after one bleach. It's had quite a few brown dyes on it in the past apparently. Just out of interest how long would you leave the bleach on for? I usually go with 45-60 mins obviously keeping an eye on it but I've heard of some people leaving it 90 mins but I'd have thought it would either stop working or damage the hair too much?

I'm same as you upto 60mins. I've no idea without seeing her hair xx

Latest posts

Back