Dip nails lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichelleNails77

Reaction score
Hi all.
I’ve always used SNS. I’ve experienced a lot of lifting in clients recently and I’m not understanding why. I’m removing all debri from the nail plate and removing shine, then I cleanse and wait for them to fully dry and then I apply the bond and I start the dip process. Should I try another brand or am I missing a step. Thank you!

If you're using a cuticle softener make sure you get it off with a quick wash to deactivate the product. If you're not using a cuticle softener highlight your steps so you can receive a better answer

Thank you. I don’t use a softener. I push them back, trim them and then remove any skin from nail. Then I use a file to rough up the nail. I then dust them off and apply scrub fresh to clean off the nail and then bond and begin the dip process.

Hmm. Where are you experiencing the lifting? In the cuticle area? Free edge?

Cuticle area. It always seems to be on the right side. When looking at their nails the right side. On the left side there’s no lifting at all. I don’t understand it.

You might be leaving a little cuticle attached to the nail plate. Or perhaps it's not sealed all the way on that side with your activator.

Ok thank you! I’ll double check that when we are able to open back up. What brand do you like to use?

I like the young nails system. I do use their system with gel instead of resin.

Latest posts

Back