Dip-System

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_louise92

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My boss wants me to go do the Nail course for the Dip-System and I'm just wondering if anyone does them and if so what do you think to them. I know there suposed to be a better method than acrylics and don't know a great deal about them so just wanted to know from a professionals point of view do you find there better for your clients, do they last well? (Of course I know it depends to an extent on per individual client aftercare etc) do you like to do them, and are they easier to do than acrylics?

Very excited to start my course :D

Thanks in advance xx

Hi everyone,

My boss wants me to go do the Nail course for the Dip-System and I'm just wondering if anyone does them and if so what do you think to them. I know there suposed to be a better method than acrylics and don't know a great deal about them so just wanted to know from a professionals point of view do you find there better for your clients, do they last well? (Of course I know it depends to an extent on per individual client aftercare etc) do you like to do them, and are they easier to do than acrylics?

Thanks in advance xx

This is all my opinion by the way :)

Better than acrylics (l&p) - no
Easier than acrylics (l&p) - yes

Personally, I think it looks very 'amature'. Something that clients could do at home with their tip and dip system that they've purchased from boots or something!
I trained, done 1 set and felt very embarrassed, so never done another set since and sold my kit. They looked lovely and the girl was very pleased. But to me, I just didn't feel professional at all.

However, I am not slating the system at all. They were very strong and lasted 3 weeks and still looked nice. I just personally didn't feel professional using that technique.

XxxxX

I just binned my dip system after watching my therapists do a set, no real problem with the end result but I thought it looked very DIY...I think clients expect to see something they couldn't do for themselves.

A young lady I know got a voucher to get her nails done by a local salon and this is what she got. The next day she made an appointment with me to get a repair done, don't think she will go back x

I've never heard of this before now...so I did a little search and found this video on youtube

This really does look like a DIY product. I think you'd be better off doing a L+P course.

I do them I use backscratchers and have done for 11 years never had any problems nor have my clients they love the way they look and how quick it takes me to do a set I have a very big clientele not blowing my own trumpet lol. Yes they r easier than the normal l&p systems out there but each to their own x

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance xx

I did Backscratchers training last year and if I'm very honest I wish I'd saved my I money and done the CND course (I have since converted to CND L&P) They didn't meet the needs of my clients and I lost confidence in the system. Don't get me wrong they have a place but just as occasion nails IMO.

My clients go 3 weeks for infills and have their nails on for along time before wanting new ones and I use to have mine on for up to 6-7 weeks with no infills. It's each to their own really. But I love the system x

I do them I use backscratchers and have done for 11 years never had any problems nor have my clients they love the way they look and how quick it takes me to do a set I have a very big clientele not blowing my own trumpet lol. Yes they r easier than the normal l&p systems out there but each to their own x

I have to agree with you here, i do the dip system, l&p and gel nails, all my regular clients who have the dip system and love it, love the fact it looks lovely an natural, i take 1hour to 1hour an a half for l&p, with the dip system i take an hour max. However, i have clients that will only have l&p, so like you say each to there own, i think we need to have a few options there for our clients as not all clients nails will suit all systems, an sumtimes it can b a case of trial an error to see which one will suit our clients needs, :) xx

It's good to hear different views about the treatment will definitely go I to it 50/50. I decided to go and have a set done yesterday to get a feel for the treatment myself as a client and see how the treatment is carried out and procedure. And I must admit was all going ok u until she put the pot in front of me and asked me to dip my finger in the pot it didn't seem too professional. Also isn't that a little un-hygienic everybody dipping their fingers into the same pot? I do like that fact there is no building and sculpting etc with the brush. I just had a natural set done and they do look very natural and not thick on my nail, but today when I looked you and already see what looks like I would be looking for I fills in a week which is annoying because usually that's when you get lifting. Il attach a photo. But I do like the fact it's quick and a lot easier and very natural looking. So I am excited to do it and see how I find it on clients. As I will be the only tech at work doing this treatment as I'm the only one going for the training. Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364740208.922268.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364740208.922268.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 275
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364740228.772671.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364740228.772671.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 289
The clients i do the dip system on cum in for a mini infill every week (not my personal choice, my boss already had this in place when i started as i replaced sumone else) which seems to work, but for some people they can go 2weeks without an infill and only have a tiny bit of lifting, infills on this system take me about half an hour - 45 minutes :) some people who have tried this system dont like it as there nails just dont like it lol with all the diferent systems abailable i think its trial an error with some clients sometimes, and i think its nice to be able to offer a small range of different systems u can do, if youve already got a client base, maybe ask them if theyd like to trial it? At a reduced price maybe, its pretty cheap to supply the stuff :) xx

Also, if your boss is going to pay for the course for you, why not give it a go :) xx

I'm not slagging who ever has done them nails but no your nails shouldn't look like that at the mo all my client go 2-3 weeks for infill and normally there is no lifting. X

Hello!

I'm from Holland and my english is not so good. Sorry! I hope you can understand me...

I use backscratchers extreme with white tips and now it's time to fill them in. What is the best way to do that? On my training they have learned me to do that with polish, but i think it isn't strong enough..

Is it possible to fill the nail in with extreme and then use shellac on top to make the french tip?

Is there anybody who used the white powder and the fast forms? Is it Nice?

What to do when somebody wants a glitter french? Mix the powder or use shellac on top?

Thank you for your time and help!

Also, if your boss is going to pay for the course for you, why not give it a go :) xx

Yeah I'm definitely going to give it a go as I'm always ready to try new things and be able to offer different services. And I agree with its trial and error. I believe there is nobody that offers the system near us so I think it will help to make us that little bit more unique.

I will let u all know how I get on with my training :) xx

I'm not slagging who ever has done them nails but no your nails shouldn't look like that at the mo all my client go 2-3 weeks for infill and normally there is no lifting. X

Hi, I know that's what I thought as they already look like they need I fills and they are lifting already. I have shortened them to try and make sure I don't catch them so they don't rip off. Think I may have to go back :/

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364927070.071196.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364927070.071196.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 153
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364927102.082485.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364927102.082485.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 151
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364927133.450365.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364927133.450365.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 144
Here's a set I done on my training day:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364934072.679429.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364934072.679429.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 155
It look really Nice!! Do you know how you make the french after à couple off weeks?

Hi, I know that's what I thought as they already look like they need I fills and they are lifting already. I have shortened them to try and make sure I don't catch them so they don't rip off. Think I may have to go back :/

They definately shouldnt look like that after a few days, it looks like they havent filed the side walls properly, im not slating, i can b very picky haha they still look a bit bumpy, its a really easy system to get to grips with :) if youve never had them before your nails might not like them, ive had clients nails that dont agree with them and are fine with l&p and vice versa :) xx

They definately shouldnt look like that after a few days, it looks like they havent filed the side walls properly, im not slating, i can b very picky haha they still look a bit bumpy, its a really easy system to get to grips with :) if youve never had them before your nails might not like them, ive had clients nails that dont agree with them and are fine with l&p and vice versa :) xx

Yeah this is the first time I have had them and I don't really want to get down somebody's throat as I know in this business not everything agrees with everybody so I'm willing to stick it out and try it.
This may be a dumb question but what is L&P? 😳 Xx

Latest posts

Back