Dipping powder help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Hartill

Reaction score
Hello I recently trained in the dipping powder nails and have a few questions, a few of my clients have broke/lost entire nails quite quickly, I am thorough with prep as I’ve been doing gel polish nails for years, I trained with ‘the edge’ products, il include a pic of instructions I follow for the process. Also I have been using gel polish on top as I don’t have coloured dipping powders yet, how would you infill these? It would take ages to file the gel off then the lifted bits off or the other option is to soak off completely then start again? I am going to invest in some dipping colours, but then what do you do if a client has blue nails then comes for an infill and wants red? Thanks in advance for any help xxx
4840b847939085ee80c86027a1bbbb48.jpg

Hello I recently trained in the dipping powder nails and have a few questions, a few of my clients have broke/lost entire nails quite quickly, I am thorough with prep as I’ve been doing gel polish nails for years, I trained with ‘the edge’ products, il include a pic of instructions I follow for the process. Also I have been using gel polish on top as I don’t have coloured dipping powders yet, how would you infill these? It would take ages to file the gel off then the lifted bits off or the other option is to soak off completely then start again? I am going to invest in some dipping colours, but then what do you do if a client has blue nails then comes for an infill and wants red? Thanks in advance for any help xxx
4840b847939085ee80c86027a1bbbb48.jpg

P.s I have been doing these nails on myself and been getting 3+ weeks out of them xx

I use the edge and have no issues. Make sure you dont get the resin on cutical or side walls as this will cause lifting. If you want to infill put a layer of clear under the colour then you can file down to the clear layer if they want a colour change. Use an 80 or 100 grit file to remove the bulk xx

I notice on step 4 you’ve shown push and nip.....are you being very thorough in removing all cuticle from the nail plate as this would definitely cause lifting

Latest posts

Back