Disclaimer form for HD Brows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaintyDoll

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been noticing lately that i am losing customers due to them not 'having the time' to be patch tested for HD Brows.
I think they find it a hassle to pop in by and collect the home kit.

I was wondering if i should introduce a disclaimer form for customers who have made the choice on not being patch tested - Has anyone done this?

Any advice would be much appreciated xo

Last edited:
Hi, I wouldn't recommend a disclaimer because they simply aren't worth the paper they are written on, even if a client signs one and has a negative reaction they can still take action against you xx

As above, plus if you go against manufacturers instructions (by not patch testing) your insurance company will walk away leaving you with a massive bill. :-(

Don't risk it. You don't want that one litigious client.

No I would stay away from disclaimers. Can't you post them out to clients if they can't get to you to collect it? Obviously cover your cost of postage though, just tell them if they can't pop in and get one then you can post it to them but there will be an extra £1 added onto their treatment to cover the cost of it? X

I wouldn't care if someone paid me £100s of pounds I would not do a treatment that required a patch test without one! And well if they were willing to pay that much there must be something up lol! Xx

Absolutely agree with everyone on here that disclaimer is a waste of space. I have had clients walk away when I insist on a patch test, but then I don't want that sort of client who won't 'work' with me for their own protection.

Im not hd trained , but I had a few people trying to get me to sign disclaimers or do tints without testing, I always say no... for the sake of my reputation I want high standards! Educate clients into why they need testing! I have put links to articles that show what happens to people after a reaction and people are always shocked when they see how awful it can be. I turned away £50 in treatments this week due to no tint test, im certainly not in the position to say no to money like that, bit my reputation is more important. People know I don't cut corners. X

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
I think i will just stick to patch tests as advised! xx

As most insurers say to follow manufacturers guidelines, and it is stipulated by HD brows you need to do a patch test 48hours before treatment you wouldn't be covered. However, I do find it very strange that HD brows give you a disclaimer at trade shows to say you're happy to go ahead without a patch test...

I don't do HD's but have had them done before, and the lady sent me out the patch test in the post? Saved me going to her and I popped it on the day before my appt and went to her with the patch still on my inner arm to show I have done it.

Could you not do this? Xx

I don't do HD's but have had them done before, and the lady sent me out the patch test in the post? Saved me going to her and I popped it on the day before my appt and went to her with the patch still on my inner arm to show I have done it.

Could you not do this? Xx

I think I will give that a go!
Thanks 😊 xo

Latest posts

Back