Discoloured nails, any advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJtan

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Just wondering if anyone can suggest what might be going on with these nails. This is her nails after removing her first ever application of gel polish. They are discoloured and lifting from the nail bed. I am meticulous with cleaning my tools so am very confused as to whats going on. My client has a medical condition and has been on strong pain medication long term. She also has very weak and soft nails. She is seeing the doctor tomorrow.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 1472432225593.jpg
    1472432225593.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 97
Hi - it looks like possibly two things from your picture; Onycholysis as it looks as though the nail plate is separating from the nail bed and then also a touch of 'greenie nail' or bacterial infection probably as bacteria has been able to get under the lifted nail - seeing her GP is a good idea X

Thanks so much for replying Shuv76 I was thinking along those lines. This poor lady has had so many health problems i feel like I've now added to them! Thanks again x

Latest posts

Back