Discount nail salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawna

Reaction score
I'm in a training week for a discount nail salon and they do their pedicures differently than I was taught I was wondering if anyone can give me the procedure for their way of doing a pedicure ... At the salon I am getting my training at I see them use a corn plane , a yellow sponge on the feet a wet towel and this black circular things that they put lotion on or something and rub up and down the leg/foor can anyone explain to me what it is and what it does ?

Last edited:
Not sure at all about that routine!
I would suggest
1. If there is time go in for a pedi yourself
2. Make sure someone goes through the routine and products on your first morning. If no-one gives you any guidance then stick with the routine you normally do. Improvise with the products available to you- they can't be that different.

Are corn Plates blades or those slicer things even allowed?

I'd check with your insurance to see if you are covered to use a corn plane. It's so easy to cut people with those things.

Same as nailpod I thought they weren't allowed anymore but I could be wrong. x

Razors and cheese graters are illegal in my State. That does not mean that discount salons are not using them. I would call your state board or whoever regulates nail service in your area to see if they are legal. I would never use them even if they were legal, but in your case if they are illegal you should tell your employer that you will not do that part of the protocol. Many discount salons do not follow current safety regulations. You should follow your gut and not throw your education and integrity away.

The basic pedicure protocol for my salon is:
1. Remove polish to access the health of the natural nail. If obvious fungus or infection is present stop service and recommend client see a podiatrist.
2. Clip and shape nails.
3. Use gentle foot file on dry skin to smooth calluses.
4. Soak feet in a stainless steel pedicure bowl with a blend of essential oils and Epsom Salts for 3-5 minutes
5. Remove feet from bowl, dry feet, apply cuticle softener (I use aloe) and massage grape seed oil onto bottom of feet.
6. Push back eponychiums and nip only the true cuticle.
7. Apply lotion and massage feet for 5 minutes.
8. Insert toe seperators, clean nails plates with
isopropyl alcohol And polish nails.

OP, are you already qualified or getting your qualifications via this salon?

I don't think the OP is in the UK so she needs to check what the rules are regarding hygiene and health & safety protocols in her own State/country as they vary enormously world wide.

Latest posts

Back