Discount or full price?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guna

Reaction score
Here is my problem. On a website A, I advertized, say, half price waxing, on a website B, I am registered just as a home based therapist without any mentioning of promotions. If the client who got my information from site B calls and askes about waxing, should I mention promotion price or charge him full price?
It happenes to me quite a lot and I just want to work out system once and for all, as every time I get confused what price to name. What would you do in this situation?

I would charge the promo price as advertised on your other site. Only because a) the customer would be pleasantly suprised and delighted and likely to come back and b) if they did find your site with the promo on and they didn't get it, they wouldn't be happy (I know I wouldn't be) and probably not come back. :)

Jmo. xx

I don't understand why you have different prices on different websites. If you are home based all the time, I think your prices should be consistent. It sure avoids any confusion for you or your clients.

If I have offers running on my website and I get a new client from other sources, I still let the new client get the benefit of current offers.

What I do if I offer discounts I put a promo code. I do this in yell, newspapers and leaflet dropping.

Clients will not get the discount if they dont mention the code (as stipulated in T&C's). This also helps you establish what is working best for you.

On your website state to recieve discounted price please mention promo code when calling. Then if they dont its full price.

Kate

No I don't have different prices, it's just I have a stand with my business cards at local supermarket (there is no info about prices there at all), so if I run promo on certain treatment i get confused. But you're absolutely right, I should probably offer a discount anyway..
I am new to freelancing, so wanted a bit of advice.
Thanks

Kate, that's a brilliant advice. Will use it in the future.

If you advertise something as half price and don't stipulate anything for the client to qualify for the discount then you would be duty bound to offer it to all clients. If you didn't and then the client found out later on that there was a promotion running and you hadn't informed them they would be really annoyed. The first rule of client care in my book is to "exceed their expectations" that way they will always come back to you. The crunch is to not offer anything without careful thought beforehand so you are not giving away too much without some kind of gain. I would get on your website now and change the wording by adding "please quote XXXX when booking in order to receive your discount". There are many useful threads on this forum with suggestions of great promotions which will gain you more clients with little layout rather than straight discounting. One that worked great for me was "buy one get one free" offer. The free treatment has to be taken in the same appointment so you get two friends together, they each pay half price and you've added two names to your client base rather than one. Do a quick search and you'll find loads of great ideas :)

Cheers,
Hazel

I don't actually do a 50% discount, I was just giving it as an example, but thanks for advice. I have looked through the threads and found some fab ideas.

Latest posts

Back