Disheartened, Shellac rockstar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caz83

Reaction score
Just starting out and have been doing shellac rockstar on toes. Have done only 5 sets so far but not had any troubles. I did a set two weeks ago and am aware that the client lost one after a week and two more nails today. Feeling disheartened as dont know why or what happened. I have also practised on myself three times and have never lost any etc. The only thing i can think of is that the client had moisturised her feet the day of the appointment and maybe it has acted as a barrier even though i scrubfreshed!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

Aww don't be disheartened.

Toe nails are very tough so they really shouldn't come off but this has happened twice with me with a certain two people. I put it down to them both having a thin layer of skin on the nail bed. Once they return I just ensured that every scrap was removed (will probably get told off for this but I lightly buffed the shine off the surface to make sure too) and I've never had a problem again

Hope this helps

x

Thank you, good advice! Trying not to keep letting things like that get to me and my confidence as i will never progress in this industry if i do. May need to be more thick skinned and take the bad with the good!

Thank you, good advice! Trying not to keep letting things like that get to me and my confidence as i will never progress in this industry if i do. May need to be more thick skinned and take the bad with the good!

Don't worry about it. I only joined the industry in 2010 and even now I will get a wobbly moment but that's just because you care so much.

In time the confidence will increase to the point that if someone has a chipped nail etc I don't automatically assume its me anymore which I used to.

This site is amazing. I've learnt so much it's unbelievable. I used to dedicate a lot of time for reading other people's issues which has helped reduced me making the same mistakes and boosted my overall knowledge.

Also remember then when you're working on toes there is often more cuticle to remove as unless the client has her toes done extremely often it could even be a possibility that its never been removed before in their lives!

Hope this helps x

Yeah must admit had pretty bad cuticles so probably should have spent more time on them . New to this site but finding it so so helpful and picking up loads of tips. Thanks again:lol:

Hey, I did my best friends toes and they'd all peeled off within 2 weeks. We put it down to her job - she is a nurse and on her feet for 12 hours and her feet get very warm and sweaty (nice!) which isn't a good atmosphere for shellac. When she is on holiday her toes are fine. So maybe your client has the same?

Yeah my lady is a police woman so on her feet in big boots all the time. Determined not to give up and keep practising! Just couldn't understand as did my own on the same day and they are still perfect even though iv not touched them since x

Latest posts

Back