Disneyland Paris

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mm29

Reaction score
hey looking for some reviews on where to stay, looking at the disneyland hotel or new york..

I have 2,3&5 yr old so any views for a young family will be greatly appreciated..
Thanks

My sister-in-law went with her cousin and their kids (4 kids altogether they were ages 1-4 at the time), and they stayed at the Disneyland hotel because their kid's corner was more suited for the age range of the children. (Although they spent more time at the theme park than the hotel). I will say though, that my niece came home very upset and in tears cuz she didn't see Mikey or Minnie like they show on tv. :lol: They said there weren't any costumed characters that day at all. Hopefully, you won't have that problem.

omg thats terrible.. :sad: its the anniversary this year so we better see mickey. was the hotel up to scratch, food clean service??xx

From my experience with disney in Florida and California, I know they are very good at keeping the rooms clean and tidy with fresh towels and toiletries. I've never been to the Paris one, so you're best bet would be to look up review on the hotel's restaurant. I know the Disneyland hotel is supposed to have a restaurant where characters come out during the dinner service because that's where my niece got really upset Minnie didn't show up for dinner.

I went in september and stayed at santa fe due to it just being me & my fiance for 1 night. Id say honestly dont ever stay at santa fe, but we were going to book again at somewhere else. we liked the disneyland hotel and newport bay the best.

We stayed at the Davey Crocket ranch as we are a family of 6 and that would have meant we needed 2 rooms and would have to pay underoccupancy for both rooms as there would only be 1 adult in each room with 2 kids. The Davey Crocket is like a caravan with logs around it so it looks like a log cabin. We could all stay in the one place together as there was plenty of room for us all.

You can book breakfast with Mickey and a character tea party too. We went to the tea party so we knew we would get to eat with the Disney characters and the resteraunt is in the park so we could go around th park for the day buying lunch etc.. there and then go to the tea party and eat with a few characters.

We decided we liked the idea of having the freedom to cook for ourselves or go to the resteraunt if we wanted.

We could afford to stay for longer as the prices were cheaper and that meant we could ensure we saw Mickey, Minnie and many other characters that are dotted around the parks over the week.

We have fabulous memories and we hope to go again soon. Our children were 14 months, 27 months , 6 & 12.

This was taken on our last night:
family-1.jpg

Last edited:
what a lovely photo you all look so happy

i seen the cabins and we will have the car so driving not an issue to parks. was thinking for going for a week too as its 40% off just now and dont pay for the kids :)

what was the food like and the pool was it clean?

Being in the cabins with the car, we decided to go out and find a supermarket to get basics in (stuff we knew the kids would eat lol). We also had breakfast included in our holiday price - which was a bag with bread rolls, jam, crosaunts, milk and nesquick sachets (prob more but it was 3 years ago and I can't remember lol). We sometimes used the breakfast rolls and crosants as a packed lunch and ate cereal we had picked up at the supermarket lol. Then in the evening when we got back from the park we would have a more filling meal, sausage and mash or whatever.

The food available in the park was mainly fast food. McDonalds and similar things or quite expensive restaurants for what you got.

We went to the pool once while we were there and it was nice but the baby pool was not heated so we took the baby into the jucusi (sp) part as that was nice and warm (and they had turned the bubbles off for a bit so he could play and spalsh a bit).

My older 2 & the other half loved the pool and after a liitle while I took the 2 youngest out and dressed them leaving those 3 in there to have fun for a while longer.

We also had something like 40% off when we booked with children under 12 staying and playing free. I was only able to book as I won £2000 on a radio competition lol. I won the money in early May, booked by the end of May and we went the beginning of July.

hey looking for some reviews on where to stay, looking at the disneyland hotel or new york..

I have 2,3&5 yr old so any views for a young family will be greatly appreciated..
Thanks

Hi hun,

This is definitely my forte (I used to work for Thomas Cook!) As a rule the nearer you are to the centre of Disney the more you pay, Davey Crockett and Hotel Santa Fe being the furthest and the New York and Disney hotel in the centre. In addition you can drive to both the SF and the DC with the others its just flights (hence price is often cheaper too!)
The quality of these hotels can only be defined by their own star rating, but does not mean to say that the DC or SF aren't in any way up to standard. (Disney is recognised as one of the top companies that delivers the highest levels of Customer Service in the world!) You will not be disappointed either way. I have sent hundreds of families to each of these hotels at various times of year and have very different opinions! (One lady was disappointed because she thought the Disney characters would take her kids out for breakfast so she could go and shop!)
At the end of the day each is designed as a different theme, the prices aren't too different but I would just look at what facilities or requirements you need as a family and go from there!

HTH

P.s If you have received any quotes or not sure of the prices, I would be happy to double check them for you :)

I am going to Disneyland Paris in May with my partner and sooooo excited. We are staying in Newport Bay which looks really really good. I have also stayed in Santa Fe before and that was great for the money as I was younger and we were in the park ALL the time. We decided on going for Newport Bay this time for more comfort as we both like our afternoon naps :)

Let us know what you go for! :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

My hubby and I took my two kids under 10 and dad in December 2010 and stayed at the Santa fe and had a blast! Kids got pics with Disney characters, breakfast was yummy and fab. Its walkable distance from the park but there's also a free shuttle if little ones too tired. We stayed 2 nights and it was just fine. We spend 3 days at the park and basically only came back to hotel for sleeping though the bar is good in the evening too! We took bread, fruit and some homemade goodies for the 3 days which was a great decision considering the cost of food and the fact that it's basically all fast food. Enjoy!

I've been to Disney 3 times with my family when i was younger we stayed in the Newport bay hotel the 1st & 2nd time and the Travel explorers hotel just on the outskirts the 3rd time.
I would definitely recommend the Newport bay its lovely, clean, breakfast is really nice as well! The travel explorer was also nice just a bit more basic and you had to get a shuttle to the park as it was quite a walk.
Myself and my partner are going in September, not sure where we are going to stay yet though.
If the children want to see the characters i would go for the character breakfast as they actually come round to your table for photos, autographs and you get a few minutes with a selection of the characters rather than having to try and queue to get their autographs. hth x

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, it was fabulous. There were character signings every day and a chance to meet and have your photo taken with your favourite Disney folk. Immaculate housekeeping, totally professional staff, great food, chocolates on the pillows, flowers, dressing gowns and towels supplied for pool use (we thought we wouldn't use the pool but one day was so hot we abandoned the park and came back for a dip)

We went to a restaurant where lots of Disney characters came round to see you during your meal, it was unforgettable and we have some great photos . . . it was more expensive of course as the price of that was built in, but still affordable . . . can't remember what it was called, it was right near the hot air balloon.

We were especially grateful to be staying at the Disneyland Hotel when my husband had to go back for something (as you do with young'uns lol) and at least he didn't have far to go

Seriously though it was very very good and I would thoroughly recommend it x

thank you all for you reviews. i seriously cant decide, im only going to take them once so want to get it right for them.

to be honest its my idea of hell, too many ppl and long q's, id much rather be on a deserted white beach but hey the sacrifices you need to make when u have kids..

i know they will love it.. going to have another look tonight x

It depends what you want from the hotel.

We knew we were not going to be spending a lot of time in the rooms/hotel as we were going to be in the parks most of the days.

We also knew we would want to spend some time at the evening entertainment but we wouldn't want to be there every night, we would want to get the kids to bed and chill out after a long day of walking about - by the way you will walk miles and miles as the parks are huge.

We chose the Davey Crocket as it suited what we wanted - all fitted into one room (cabin lol) freedom to stay in or go out when we wanted to, entertainment available if we wanted it or peace and quiet in our little log cabin if we didn't. We enjoyed a BBQ one night and watched DV's on our laptop other nights (we took portable DVD players for the kids to watch on the way there and my laptop to upload our photo's in the evenings etc..).

We are a family that has been on many a static caravan holiday and this was basically what we got at Euro Disney. Perfect for us.

i do like this option as we are a family of 5 albeit they are wee they still need space to move and a fridge sounds good too..

on the other hand they will be in bed early so would like the option of room service and a spa for me!!

hubby back on fri so im sure he will have a nosie and help me decide..

i do like this option as we are a family of 5 albeit they are wee they still need space to move and a fridge sounds good too..

on the other hand they will be in bed early so would like the option of room service and a spa for me!!

hubby back on fri so im sure he will have a nosie and help me decide..
If your hubby will be there then you could still go off and visit the spar or have a swim etc.. while he sits in the cabin with the children.

is there a spa at the cabins?? thought the ones in hotels would only be for guests.

Actually I think the only place with a spa is the Disneyland hotel but there is defo a pool and I think a steam room at the Davey Crocket.

**Just checked the website and the Davey Crocket has a pool with a whirlpool bath (thats the bit I took the little ones in when they turned the bubbles off as it was lovely and warm for them lol).

Nothing mentioned about a spa on any hotel except the Disneyland Hotel.

I do like that they have the little farm and the pony rides for the kids at the Davey Crocket and the characters come for meet and greet too.

Last edited:
We stayed at the Davey Crocket ranch as we are a family of 6 and that would have meant we needed 2 rooms and would have to pay underoccupancy for both rooms as there would only be 1 adult in each room with 2 kids. The Davey Crocket is like a caravan with logs around it so it looks like a log cabin. We could all stay in the one place together as there was plenty of room for us all.

You can book breakfast with Mickey and a character tea party too. We went to the tea party so we knew we would get to eat with the Disney characters and the resteraunt is in the park so we could go around th park for the day buying lunch etc.. there and then go to the tea party and eat with a few characters.

We decided we liked the idea of having the freedom to cook for ourselves or go to the resteraunt if we wanted.

We could afford to stay for longer as the prices were cheaper and that meant we could ensure we saw Mickey, Minnie and many other characters that are dotted around the parks over the week.

We have fabulous memories and we hope to go again soon. Our children were 14 months, 27 months , 6 & 12.

This was taken on our last night:
family-1.jpg

This is a lovely photo baggybear x

Latest posts

Back