Displaying Colored Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remember_nomore

Reaction score
So I used my half a day off to sort through all of my drawers of colored acrylic and other art, glitter and fun 'bobbles' as I like to call it. I came across the delema that a lot of my colors I really don't know what's in the pot [99% are self mixed] let alone the parts that I used. :cry:

How do you keep track of what colors you have and how do you display it? I thought about doing a display board with tips or maybe using a normal sized poster-board and making round 'buttons' with the acrylic and numbering them....

Either way it's going to take me a while as I have nearly 100 different pots.

Suggestions, comments. How do you do it, what's the best way?

I think cataloging them for now is a wise idea....I like the posterboard concept. THEN, when you run out of a colour, you have a reference to make more, and when you do, keep a recipe card for each colour so you can remake it as needed.

When I do a custom, I keep notes on what I did (granted my measurements involve "skosh" LOL....but at least I have the general idea of what I did with what).

Good Luck

Nancy :)

When I make a new colour I number the pot and then keep a little book with details in it. You have to be very organised and good a making sure you keep the records correctly. I put down what ratio the colour is made up from, who it was made for & when it was made. The "button" idea sounds good, that way clients can choose for themselves.

Karaxxx

So I used my half a day off to sort through all of my drawers of colored acrylic and other art, glitter and fun 'bobbles' as I like to call it. I came across the delema that a lot of my colors I really don't know what's in the pot [99% are self mixed] let alone the parts that I used. :cry:

How do you keep track of what colors you have and how do you display it? I thought about doing a display board with tips or maybe using a normal sized poster-board and making round 'buttons' with the acrylic and numbering them....

Either way it's going to take me a while as I have nearly 100 different pots.

Suggestions, comments. How do you do it, what's the best way?

Hi!

When I mix up a new colour I usually apply some onto a tip and stick it onto the pot, along with a number so that I can look up the mix ratio when I've run out.

I found that doing it this way, customers get to see what the colour looks like on a nail....although it sounds like you would be going through quite afew tips if you were to do it this way, so the button idea sounds good!!

x x

Latest posts

Back