Disposing client record cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee7smith

Reaction score
Hi geeks .. I a moving next week and closing my business so I need to destroy client records.. Do I need to shred them .. Can't think I any other way to g et rid of them ..

I think you'll have to keep them for a number of years anyway, I'm thinking 6 or 7 years but you'll prob need to check with your insurance company.

I think you'll have to keep them for a number of years anyway, I'm thinking 6 or 7 years but you'll prob need to check with your insurance company.

Why? I get rid if they haven't been for 6 months and shred, same as appointment book is has contact numbers in so that goes every year x

Hiya, I was told to keep records for 3years and was also told this on a course yesterday, but there are different time scales, ie if an under 18yo then u have to keep cards till there 18th birthday. But when disposing, shredding would be the best x

Sent from my MT15i using SalonGeek

My insurance states you have to keep everything for 7 years. I presume in case there's a claim later on where they blame you for some random condition or something.

Bin them. The records are really only for your reference. Xoxo

6 years, you have to keep them in case of tax investigations. if its a little box keep in storage/attic. Definatly dont bin! if a record that you've performed a treatment, plus some cases can be put even after 3 years of having a treatment. dire times but worthwhile to keep! xoxo

Latest posts

Back