Distance learning courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbeauty82

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of advice:(
I'm a qualified beauty therapist(sine June last year)and i'm considering setting up a home salon in a small room I have. I covered mani and pedi during my VTCT training but I would absolutely love to add nail enhancements and gel polish application to my qualifications. I looked into VTCT courses but they are only for 1 day!! Is it really possible to learn everything i need to be a good nail tech in 1 day?
I've done some research and came across some great sounding courses to learn from home (which would be better as I have some childcare issues atm) by Essential Nails. Has anyone else trained through this company and were there any problems etc? And are the courses accredited so you can obtain insurance when qualified? Would really appreciate any help. Thank you xx

I trained with them and thought it was fab.. Yes some people are going to say its not as good as being taught in person but with young children it was easier 4 me at the time.. Theyr really helpful aswell x

Hi! :)
I'm currently doing an essential nails course - gel enhancements and gel polish. So far I think it's great! The DVD is a bit dated in terms of what the lady is wearing but the content is in depth and informative. The text book is great too! The nail trainer is soooo useful!!! And fantastic for endless practice. I've lie rally repeated each new section over and over and over until I'm confident I've got it!
I'm sure other EN people will be along to give their views too.
Good luck!

Forgot to add yes you can get insurance. They help you with this too! :)

I am doing the gel with EN I am doing ok but I do miss that someone to watch me if iam doing it wrong as it would have saved me a lot of nail tips

I studied with EN many years ago. I thought it was a good course but I wasn't the best at doing the work off my own back. Eventually it took me a year to hand in my work and get marked. It was quite isolating but I got there in the end.

However I then did the Foundation Course with CND after that. I felt I got on way better than other students on the course, so the EN course gave me a great foundation but it was through further courses with CND that gave me the real confidence to work on people and also allowed me to use fab products on them.

You'll probably find you'd get on fab with the EN course but after that you'd want to use a different product, so you'd need to do a conversion course with i.e. CND afterwards.

Work out how much the likes of a CND foundation course would cost you against the EN course and then a conversion. You'd certainly be the nail tech you wanted to be quicker by doing the likes of a CND course.

Sorry, I've totally not mentioned any other products/courses other than CND but that's me, CND through and through.

I hope you decide - good luck!

And sorry I forgot to mention yes you can do a Shellac course in just one day.

Thank you everyone for your replies :)
I probably will go with EN,I would love to train with a CND course,just not sure about how much they charge/locations etc.
I may not have explained myself properly,sorry,I wasnt sure if you could learn everything you need to in 1 day if it was an enhancements course.
Thanx again everyone :) xx

I would do some research on some courses before making your mind up. I definitely don't think you can learn how to do nail enhancements in one day and expect to work on clients after that. It takes a lot of learning and practice. A CND course does that.

I will do some more research,thanx again everyone :) xx

Latest posts

Back