DIY botched hair cut!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inkedgirl

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I have a client coming tonight who has mutilated her hair by trying to cut it herself. It turns out that the back of her hair is now a good 3 inches shorter than the back.
She says she doesn't want the front of her hair cut to match the back, but other than that i'm at a loss of what to do. Her hair is very long and she doesn't want to lose the length completely.
Any advice? TIA x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek mobile app

It's very hard to give advise without seeing a picture. Sounds like she will need to loose some length off the front whether she likes it or not lol x

I did ask if i could take a before picture but she refused :/
I did say to her that it seemed matching the front to the back was possibly the only solution and she wasn't very happy at all! x

What about a long bob that is slightly shorter at the back and longer at the front. My friend has just had this cut and it looks fab.

That would mean cutting it even shorter than it is already at the back, the back is down to bra strap length but the front of her hair is down to near bottom of her ribcage. Funnily enough i think she would suit a long bob so much, but she's determined to keep her length. I think i'll suggest matching it to the back and if she refuses just tell her to wear her hair up for a few weeks till it grows out a bit and take it from there. Hopefully it teaches her not to attack her own hair with scissors!!xx

Well if she refuses then I would just stand there and say what exactly is it you want me to do then as this is your only option lol x

Didn't realise her hair was that long I visioned her with hair just past her shoulders! Why would anyone attempt to cut their own hair... Especially at the back! Hope she can be persuaded to make a good decision.

I don't think she'll be doing it again, managed to persuade her to let me even it up, i ended up doing her a fringe and loads of layers too and she seems really pleased!
Thanks for all your help! xx

Latest posts

Back