diy hubbies...dont we just love em

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
well some of you may have read my thread about mocing house and all the work i have had done while my husband is away
well he has been home now scince wednesday and feeling he was missing out on the renovations he decided he was just as good...........
scince wednesday he has accidently cut through bt cable twice and today bless him at about 2 while i was on this site, he ran down stairs screaming he had drilled through a gas pipe.(whilst laying a bathroom floor)
so i grabbed the dog and my coat and mobile and we both evacuated the house.......(myself in blind panic not because of a gas explotion but because we had to wait 40 minutes for transco and i couldnt have a fag).
so we sat outside, poor rob,s colour drained from his face...to be told he had drilled through the central heating pipe.
he is back to work tonight and away for 8 days ...so i have 8 days of a house still standing,until the next time he is home.
why do they do it (bless em) :rolleyes:

I know exactly what you mean!!! I hide or go out every time my fiancee fetches out the tool box!! It's just too scary to stay and watch!:eek:
I don't know about you, but I always seem to end up fixing whatever catastrophe he has caused aswell!
Men! But it is too true that we just can't live without them! Bless!:Love:

Hey at least your's will at least give it a go. I'm married to a builder and my poor daughter has been waiting for her own bedroom, let alone my front porch for 3 years now!!!

i do recall posting on your previous thread that we might see you on DIY SOS - looking more likely we will!!!! LOL
Atleast he's trying (sounds very trying!!!!)
Sorry....i'm in the same boat - my hubby is the only builder i know who, when it comes to his own house, has to borrow his wife's tool box!!!
keep smiling - it'll be worth it - just lock the tools in your nail box!

thank heavens he is away now until next thursday so i get some peace and a house still standing for another week.
had my corner couch delivered today they couldnt get it through the front door then couldnt get it through the back gate because the scaffolding was blocking it..........i was nearly in tears but bless them they climbed over next door and they with the help of the roofers managed to put it over their fence.
i think they saw the disappiontment on my face of the thought of not having my lovely couch...............boy did they earn their wages.
i have been lucky as all the builders, roofers etc realise my hubby works away and they have been angels making sure everything is cleared up before the boys get home from school...
gosh how many flipping teabags they go through though :irked:

joannerowsell said:
gosh how many flipping teabags they go through though :irked:

i've been there - i know how you feel! and why is it all builders have 2 sugars? i lost loads of weight when the builders were working on our house for months and months...wouldn't eat/cook in front of them as i felt obliged to offer them some grub too - so waited until after 5pm for my breakfast! :D

not only that but i cant even go to the loo.......incase they can here me
gonna have constipation and kidey failure if i'm not careful :irked:

Mine even made me sit on the loo so he could see exactly where to put the loo roll holder (with the lid down!) :eek: I was a triffle embarassed!

My husband wouldn't know one ned of a screwdriver from the other. He doesn't even know where my toolbox lives.

The sofa story reminds me of my fridge....in 1992 I fell in love with a Westinghouse side by side fridge freezer while in the US. I had a huge American style kitchen so I arranged to buy and export my gorgeous shiny black mirrored fridge. When the fridge finally arrived in this country, I found out that it would be too difficult to pipe the cold water to the area in the kitchen that it would have fitted in to - so we put the fridge into storage and set about finding a new house! After a year of looking, we decided that it would be a better option to build a new house. In 1994 - 2 long years since I had bought my lovely new fridge, we finally had the house ready and set about moving the furniture (and fridge) in. Would you believe that at no time did the builders ever check the depth of the ruddy thing!!! Our fridge ended up having the doors and back panels removed and our new house had the kitchen door and doorframe taken out and even then the fridge made it in with only a fraction of an inch to spare. Was my name mud - you bet. Was even more mud when I decided to move house again 4 years ago and main priority was that the fridge could move house too. Just as well my husband is the tolerant - if useless - sort.

Latest posts

Back