Diya's Client story...OMG!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgloverfam

Reaction score
Hi geeks!
I was giving a woman a pedi/mani earlier this week. She was all excited because she was getting ready for a date later on that evening. She was really nice, and chatty, telling me how hard it is to date, and find a good quality man.
Well, she had been seeing this guy long distance, and thought that it might be going somewhere.
So in the middle of the manicure her cell phone rings, and she answers it. Well guessing from her tone, it was NOT a good conversation! She snapped the phone closed, and slammed it down and proceeded to yell MANY obscenities. I asked her if she was ok.
She says "No, I just got dumped!".
Apparently, the guy was supposed to come in town to spend time with her (hence the date), and she had taken two days off work to be with him!
He called to tell her that he wasn't coming to see her, and that he didn't know when he'd call her again. All this in the middle of her manicure, and the date was a few hours away.
She was soooo embarrased, and I think she wanted to cry, but she did a good job of masking it.
So she says "Well, at least my hands and feet look good, I'll just have to figure out what to do for the next two days".
I felt so bad for her. Thats my client rant.
Thanks for listening (or reading..lol)
*wink*

I wonna come and work with you..! you get the best clients...lol

Poor thing... I feel so sorry for her....

If you have some free time at your lunch break, why don't you call her and ask her to join for a cuppa? (since she has 2 idol days :S).... I'm sure she will be grateful forever more....and will tell all her girlfriends about her sweet nail technician :)

Yollie

You don't know the half of it!! I'm planning to write a book about all of the experiences I've had doing nails in 3 different salons over the past six years. My best friend has been doing nails for ten years, and she has some stories out of this world!! I'm trying to get her to do this book with me. Boy do I have some stories!

Right.....can I pre-order my copy...NOW, please!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

You guys have to help me choose a name for it!
Maybe "Behind the Table", or somethnig like that.
I'd totally give you all a free copy.
*wink*

I want a free copy too hehe..... So here you go....

1. Memoirs of a Nail Technician or Confessions of a Nail Tech
2. Liquid, Powder and talk, talk, talk....
3. Secrets from the Nail Parlour (This might be taken as a technical book hehe)
4. Nail Art and the Art of Listening
5. ....and you thought the job of a Nail Tech was easy
6. Stories and adventures heard at the Nail Studio
7. Agony Nails erm Aunt

Well Enough of this ....LOL....tried to make you laugh hehe :D

Yollie

I've never had any really good things like that happen to me, but then i haven't been doing it long enough i suppose. It is the thing i love about what we do, apart from the nail aspect, i love the different people you meet from all walks of life.

Put my name on a book when you've done it please, i would so love to read all those gems you are talking about.

as for names:

Nail Tech or Psychologist??
Nail Tech's Stories, From Behind The Desk.
Not Just a Nail Tech. (Psychotherapist, marraige guidance....)

I know you can probably think of loads better, but i do feel with alot of clients, they tendto talk to you about alot of stuff, so you end up being all of the above at some point.....lol.:D

You could call it:

Broken Nails/Broken Hearts

The wonderful life of L&P (Love & Profanities) (sp)
Can't think of anymore!

Oh My!! I'm loving these titles.
I'm really going to write a book (though I'd prefer it if my best friend would co-write it with me). She has had some clients from OUT OF THIS WORLD!

mgloverfam said:
Oh My!! I'm loving these titles.
I'm really going to write a book (though I'd prefer it if my best friend would co-write it with me). She has had some clients from OUT OF THIS WORLD!

In that case maybe you could call it 'The Alien World of the Nail Tech'!!!! :D

Latest posts

Back