Do any mobile techs here have staff?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seraphine

Reaction score
I'm still pondering how to keep my business going after my second child is born. Does anyone have a mobile business with staff other than themselves?

For those that do, are you more in a management role, or do you do still do client work?

Keep the ideas coming if you can - I've been staying up late worrying about this!

Hi hun, I don't have experience of this, but I was talking about something similar the other day with a fellow beauty therapist.

Could you perhaps configure some kind of franchise? Simlar to party plan, where they use your name, you supply the products needed and then do a split, say 60/40 in your favour? You could take the bookings and then they report to you on a weekly basis?

Not sure about legalities, in's and out's etc, just a thought :)

That's exactly what I was thinking of, RedSadie - I just don't know how to go about doing it!

I remember in one of my business prep courses, the model they used was for a cleaning business. But it was something like this. I might give them a call (Business Gateway - they have an ongoing support system) but I just want to clarify things a bit before I go speak to them so I don't sound like an idiot :)

I was a manager once in a community care company - I can't say it was a good fit as I'd much rather go and do something myself than get someone else to do it, but I still can't see how I can go at this pace without running into problems. Even now, I feel like I can't squeeze anyone else in without running out of day! People here are really liking the at-home service, and I'd rather go with that than try to make the rent for a salon every month.

I guess it would mean keeping better track of my paperwork....

That's exactly what I was thinking of, RedSadie - I just don't know how to go about doing it!

I remember in one of my business prep courses, the model they used was for a cleaning business. But it was something like this. I might give them a call (Business Gateway - they have an ongoing support system) but I just want to clarify things a bit before I go speak to them so I don't sound like an idiot :) You could give them a call, they won't think you're stupid or silly, it's wht they're there for, also try Business Link :hug:

I was a manager once in a community care company - I can't say it was a good fit as I'd much rather go and do something myself than get someone else to do it, but I still can't see how I can go at this pace without running into problems. Even now, I feel like I can't squeeze anyone else in without running out of day! People here are really liking the at-home service, and I'd rather go with that than try to make the rent for a salon every month.

I guess it would mean keeping better track of my paperwork....

If you could do this, then if you wanted to you could still be hands on, so to speak with a few of your clients at times convenient to you. This would also give you time for the dreaded paperwork :)

Good luck hun, let us know how you get on as it's something I would like to do in the future too. xx

Latest posts

Back