Do any mobile therapists just do Saturdays?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
Just curious really as I only get the occasional one on a weekday and I work up London during the day so was thinkin of just doing Saturdays :) x

Nope I do all days and evenings. But I don't have another job.

It is possible, but I don't recommend it as many people tend to have plans on the weekend, so if it's a formal function or such, tries to get their nails done in advance, normally on a weekday. I believe by doing only Saturdays, you would lose quite a lot of a business and in the end, profit as well due to only working one day of the week would mean a limited amount of time and appointments available with having to travel to each location.

I do evenings and weekends plus a wednesday all day (if needed) but this is since I have been able to slowly cut my 'employed' hours down, before it was evenings and weekends.

My busiest day is a Thursday evening in preperation for the weekend...

Guess it depends what treatments you are offering. For example bit is very rare people want a spray tan on a Sat unless they have a Christaning/wedding on the Sunday. I find Thurs/Fri my best eve's for tanning and lashes.

If you advertise you only work a Sat then no one can tell you any different, you just may loose some potential clients. BUT it is your business and the joys of being Self employed is, you can choose your own hours to suit you! Lots of salons are busy on a Sat :) xx

I'm flexible but I still have set days that I work. You may find folk want this done through the week so they're "ready" for the weekend.

Perhaps see what your most popular day is?

What about saying something like "Opening hours Saturday 9 - 6, other appointments available by prior arrangement." Or some sort of wording like that.

I think you could do ok. People still need regular waxing , not necessarily for a night out. Saturdays could suit some people best. Or to book in for a pampering treatment! I'm doing only Saturdays as well as of last week as I work mon-Friday. I can offer some evening occasionally as well but mostly Saturdays. Time will tell!

Latest posts

Back