Do any of you give discounts etc to encourage facebook check ins?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach Dilks

Reaction score
I have my regular clients but don't get many check ins, I am trying to build my facebook status. Do any of you give discounts etc to encourage facebook check ins?

No I just say go on fb and check in im trying to build my page

hmm maybe I just need to ask more ha ha! I have a "Check in on Facebook" sign in a frame, but don't ask very often

We do, every client gets asked to put a review up we ask for 5 star too ;) Lol, or just a selfie or anything really, It's all exposure for the salon / stylist, if u don't ask, you don't get! :D

I do a monthly prize draw for reviews.

I have a little note on the mirror telling them about it.
And I section on my website and regularly remind them on Facebook.

However i don't do anything for check ins.

We do, every client gets asked to put a review up we ask for 5 star too ;) Lol, or just a selfie or anything really, It's all exposure for the salon / stylist, if u don't ask, you don't get! :D

lol what's the benefit of getting people to check in?

do you have free wifi in your salon so people can do that?

lol what's the benefit of getting people to check in?

do you have free wifi in your salon so people can do that?
The only benefit is exposure on Facebook, their friends see their at my salon, they do it because they want to help us get more exposure :) we always make their experience amazing so they love to help us out by doing it, it's not much to ask & for toes that don't want to that's fine too, yes I give free wifi to all my clients, it's another little extra I like to give :) it dosent cost me anything because it's already paid for but it makes them feel valued :)

The only benefit is exposure on Facebook, their friends see their at my salon, they do it because they want to help us get more exposure :) we always make their experience amazing so they love to help us out by doing it, it's not much to ask & for toes that don't want to that's fine too, yes I give free wifi to all my clients, it's another little extra I like to give :) it dosent cost me anything because it's already paid for but it makes them feel valued :)

I respect to your wifi.
How do you do it?
For example my wifi is some ridiculously long number as is the password.

I don't want it completely accessible because I'm a salon within a shop so some people in the shop might take the Mick

Can I change the name and password or just put up little notes to inform clients?

sounds great will start this in salon

I respect to your wifi.
How do you do it?
For example my wifi is some ridiculously long number as is the password.

I don't want it completely accessible because I'm a salon within a shop so some people in the shop might take the Mick

Can I change the name and password or just put up little notes to inform clients?
I've got the code written on the back of a business card on the desk so I just pass it to the client and they sort it out while we do their hair, it is ridiculously long lol but no one cares we all go through it at home lol were used to it, wifi is only accessible with the code so u don't need to worry about anyone using it without your consent

You can log into your router (usually the address is 192.168.0.1 or similar) and change your password if you don't want to remember the long mix of numbers and letters.

I get my ladies to check in and give them a £5 discount for doing so
For those of you not wanting to give a discount, I'd highly recommend contacting Carl from verve designs and ask him about a check in poster that you can have displayed on your wall that you can print off on your home computer..

We also offer free WiFi. I have changed the access code so it's a lot easier to give out and to remember.

I think that if you offer free WiFi, it should be obvious, rather than making people ask. I think it looks a lot cooler to just have a sign saying 'Please feel free to use our WiFi. Our code is xxxx'

Sorry - and to the op, no I don't do discounts but I'm always very appreciative for check ins and reviews.

Vic x

We offer free wifi too. The password is something fun, which all staff can give out. We don't offer incentives for logging in, but I would consider it if my facebook page was new.

I have a little sign

If you'd like to use our salon Wifi please check in on facebook or give us a tweet.
Wifi: Beauty Boutique
Password: Manicure183

The broadband is with O2 and the guy on the phone talked me through changing the name to the salon name (which was pretty easy really) and the password is set to manicure.

Latest posts

Back