Do any of you sell retail from your website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hi guys

As the title suggests really :biggrin:

I would like to start retailing from my site, but not sure what to sell or whether it's even worth trying.

If anyone does sell, what do you sell and how do you sell it? I mean, do you buy in the stock and then send it when you get an order or do you dropship (someone buys and the supplier sends it on to the customer)?

Any light shed is gratefully received

Thanks as always :biggrin:

xx

I have an online shop. We have a large retail area in the salon anyway so when orders come in we always have it in stock ready to ship out.

My online shop is about to go live in the next 3-4 weeks hopefully, a lot of it will be in stock and everything else I will just order and ship out.

Hope this helps

I have an online shop. We have a large retail area in the salon anyway so when orders come in we always have it in stock ready to ship out.

How successful is your shop if you don't mind me asking? Are you receiving multiple orders per day, week, month etc...

Thank you, I understand if you do not want to divulge this info.

I dont currently do it but would like to in the future! I would like to know how people manage it, payment, stock etc?

Any help or additional information would be great!

Em :)

It's steady. We began in May last year, and it takes a while to get known and trusted. I'm not the person to ask about tech stuff though, I have an IT man.

We pack and ship between all the staff.

My biggest seller is pureology, which we have had since it launched, it is a groundbreaking and superb range which is far outselling everything in my salon too.

Fozzyo (Mat O'Mara) is a genius at setting up Zen Cart online shop sites, e.g. he's done one for Berins, Welcome to Berins Wax

Zen Cart is a good choice as it has stock control and supports a wide variety of payment methods.

One thing you need to be aware of if selling online is the Distance Selling Regulations and making sure that you have iron clad terms and conditions.

I have recently joined an e-commerce forum and it is a real eye opener.

I too use Zen Cart for my jewellery.

Thanks for your input everyone :biggrin:

I have sold online in the past with my jewellery too Fiona, so I have read the distance selling rules and regs. I don't make jewellery any more, I just don't have the time, but it's calling me from my loft, lol!

Fiona, don't you sell glitter for acrylics too? I'm sure I bought some from you before.

I'm still not sure what to sell if I do decide to do this though. I am a waxer, spray tanner, nail tech and soon to be hairdresser, so lots of things I could retail I suppose.

Thanks again. xx

Fiona, don't you sell glitter for acrylics too? I'm sure I bought some from you before.

Thanks again. xx

Yes I do LOL and I am in the process of sorting that site out too!

Yes I do LOL and I am in the process of sorting that site out too!

Lol! It's a nightmare to keep on top of isn't it?!

How have you found Google checkout? I haven't looked recently but are you still using GC on that site, as I know you said you're using Zen Cart.

Xx

Lol! It's a nightmare to keep on top of isn't it?!

How have you found Google checkout? I haven't looked recently but are you still using GC on that site, as I know you said you're using Zen Cart.

Xx

I used to use GC but when they put their fees up to be the same as Paypal I just kept with Paypal.

I am in the process of creating a Zencart site specifically for Nail Graphix and taking it away from my Nail Salon site.

I have until the end of the year when my Roman Cart subscription expires - so no rush LOL.

Latest posts

Back