Do CND bulbs have a voltage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahrose14

Reaction score
half my boyfriends family live in the states and his niece did nails but has given it up so she's offered to post me some bits. Mainly tools, stamping plates and powders but she also has a cnd lamp with a spare pack of bulbs. I know I can't use the lamp due to the voltage difference. But can I use the bulbs? Or are they made to be voltage specific? X

Don't know about the white Cnd lamps but the old style silver one I had from England had only been used like 3 times , managed to find a cheap silver one here in states and my bulbs work fab in them lol

Thank you so much my oh told me i was being silly as bulbs have a wattage not voltage but he's not an electrician so i dont trust him lol. I've not long had my lamp repaired so i don't want to break it x

Thank you so much my oh told me i was being silly as bulbs have a wattage not voltage but he's not an electrician so i dont trust him lol. I've not long had my lamp repaired so i don't want to break it x

I don't think you Shuld risk it then , be better off sticking to the ones you know will be ok ,
Also you won't know how much use they have had ,

Most bulbs for other things are different , my table lamps had to get new plugs and new bulbs for instance ,

The bulbs will be fine brand new, you can also use the lamp too if you buy what's called a transformer box, it converts the volts from 110 to 220, I'm in New Zealand and my lamp is American and works fine with a transformer :)

I don't think you Shuld risk it then , be better off sticking to the ones you know will be ok ,
Also you won't know how much use they have had ,

Most bulbs for other things are different , my table lamps had to get new plugs and new bulbs for instance ,

One box is brand new and the box seems the exact same when she sent pics we cant see anything about voltage. the other set have 70ish hours on I think I might get her to post them im also a bit worried they'll smash in the post it would be typical lol x

The bulbs will be fine brand new, you can also use the lamp too if you buy what's called a transformer box, it converts the volts from 110 to 220, I'm in New Zealand and my lamp is American and works fine with a transformer :)

Is it 100% safe with a transformer? X

Yes as long as you get a decent one not a super cheap one, I've been using mine for well over a year with no problems

Brilliant thank you x

Latest posts

Back