Do I live too far away to be home based?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BessieBoo

Reaction score
Hello Geeks, got a little question to ask please! :)

I am CND training and when I've finished etc, I would like to do either the standard mobile or home based working and I have been browsing all the fantastic threads and all the good tips you have all passed on.

However, I live down a country lane, approx 5 mins away from the village etc, with no passing bus routes etc. Do you think customers would travel to me? I think if I prove to be good enough they might, but obviously you experts will know better than me! Do you all live in the town centres etc?

Thank you for all your help in advance!

Claire x

Why not offer both home based and mobile,
do this for 6 months and see which one works out most popular before committing to one or the other.
hth :hug:

I am home-based and the majority of my clients drive to me. A few walk, but that's generally because they live in my road, but they are all car owners. I even have a client who lives really close by who still drives, but if you're having a pedicure in the middle of winter I guess you don't want to freeze your toes off walking home :)

A lady rang me yesterday, told me where she lived and that she didn't have a car. I said, 'oh that's about a 15 minute walk,' and she was really alarmed and said, 'can you come to me?' I thought about it (for about 2 seconds) and said no!

If you think about it, clients have to travel some distance whichever salon they visit. Most of my clients enjoy the fact they don't have to do battle with the traffic into town, they don't have to pay to park, and if they come out looking less than their best (think facial electrolysis) they can just hop into their car and no-one is really going to see them.

Latest posts

Back