Do I need Calgel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live In South Africa now.
I don't want to create a rift between iz Hammond and say anything that will discredit her as a stockist. She has the license to train and sell Calgel in uk and Europe. And manufactures her own colours under her own label. So thank you Nicola I stand corrected with regards to this point. Just looking at the Instagram pics etc it seems that she markets them as a all in one system. So my apologies.

The next question is why does your gel lift if it comes in black pots? Well mine doesn't and has only lifted with incorrect prep and application, been using this brand over 10 years professionally and bought over a salon initially when I came into the market and bought her old stock which was Calgel and those pots are over 15 years old and still work they still cure and still last just as long. So perhaps you might be using iz Hammond gel and not actual Calgel? Just check with your stockist.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Hi Nailpod,

It's advertised as one system because it is one system! The clear gel is and will always be Calgel- it is the same gel that has been on sale for over 20 years. So whether you buy it from the UK or SA, it is the same product. It's this clear that creates the base for all the colours.

I know it can be a little confusing, so just wanted to reassure others that may be reading this! I work for Izabelle Hammon Ltd, and work closely with the manufactors and play a large role in creating and making our UK colours.

Thanks

Nicola

Thanks...when i asked it was at a busy trade show...maybe who i spoke to was a bit frazzled lol

So sorry about that!! Do let me know if I can help with anything else, sorry about that mix up. The shows are a bit mental and we do have some volunteers that help us out- they may have got confused.

Nicola

Latest posts

Back