Do I need to sculpt as well as use tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachFace

Reaction score
long term of course the answer is yes and i want to be able to do EVERYTHING now, but am trying to hold myself back a little bit. I have completed day 4 of the CND foundation course so have just been taught tips but im wondering if ill need to master forms/sculpting quite quickly, will there be clients who it wont be appropriate to use tips on or is sculpting more a personal preference?

Would i need to do a course or 1:2:1 or is it something you can pick up from a tutorial?

Any advice appreciated
Thanks

You're trying to run before you can walk here! Master tipping (sizing, blending) mix ratio, smile lines and consistent application then think about sculpting. Mastering your skills over tips is easier because your canvas is there for you. Also, until your mix ratio is spot on all the time sculpting will be really difficult.

Sculpting can be learnt via a tutorial but IMO it's better learnt face to face, a couple of hours 1:1 will sort it, but I wouldn't be doing it at this stage of your learning. Ultimately you need to be able to do both, but you are better off being able to do a cracking set of tip and overlay rather than sculpt poorly.

Hth's

I love sculpting, I strongly prefer it over tips. Once you get the swing of it, I find it faster/easier than tips with a beautiful natural look. I only use tips when there is nothing to attach the sculpting form to (severe nail biting.)

But Vetty is right, one step at a time. Wait until you feel fairly comfortable before trying new methods

You're trying to run before you can walk here! Master tipping (sizing, blending) mix ratio, smile lines and consistent application then think about sculpting. Mastering your skills over tips is easier because your canvas is there for you. Also, until your mix ratio is spot on all the time sculpting will be really difficult.

Sculpting can be learnt via a tutorial but IMO it's better learnt face to face, a couple of hours 1:1 will sort it, but I wouldn't be doing it at this stage of your learning. Ultimately you need to be able to do both, but you are better off being able to do a cracking set of tip and overlay rather than sculpt poorly.

Hth's

Thanks :) Thats what i needed to hear, i was worried its something i need to be able to do now as well :o

Latest posts

Back