Do I take the plunge? r stay safe?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RococoUK

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in need of a shove or a pull back here...

I've found a little spa on a fairly busy road which is quite cheap to rent. Its a little small and not perfect but it would fit the current bill. Theres like a reception area and 2 smallish-medium therapy rooms in there, toliet and kitchen.

I do Hair Extensions and Eyelash Extensions mobile... I want to take the plunge and have a shop to hopefully get a bit more of a foot flow... I make at the minute the shop rent but I think I shop will maybe improve my buisness...

I also want to get a garra rufa fish foot spa and do a small mani and pedi course... as I think this would bring a certain amount of clients in...

The area is fairly "wealthy" but im just pertrified I'm not gonna make it! I've got a buisness course on 13th oct with princes trust where grants are avaliable as my funds are limited.

I was also debating getting a nail table out front and renting it out to cover somemore of the rent... have like an extension place.

Can I survive on just these or shall I stick to mobile... or do both?:eek:

Any replies are appreciated x

Go for it! Better to say that you have tried rather than never knowing what if:hug:

And if you work hard im sure it will all pay off!

Good luck xxx

If it's already a spa and is being rented as a going concern then you should get a chance to take a look at the finances and there may well be an existing client base you can call upon.

Do you know why it's available? Was it that the current/previous occupier wanted to move to bigger premises? If so, are they nearby and could they be taking their clients with them? Could it have been because they couldn't make it work? If so, do you know what services they were offering?

Sorry - these are just a few questions that pop into my head on first reading your post. My previous incarnation was as a management/business consultant for large corporations and sme's... sometimes I drift back into that without thinking :o

If it's already a spa and is being rented as a going concern then you should get a chance to take a look at the finances and there may well be an existing client base you can call upon.

Do you know why it's available? Was it that the current/previous occupier wanted to move to bigger premises? If so, are they nearby and could they be taking their clients with them? Could it have been because they couldn't make it work? If so, do you know what services they were offering?

Sorry - these are just a few questions that pop into my head on first reading your post. My previous incarnation was as a management/business consultant for large corporations and sme's... sometimes I drift back into that without thinking :o
extremely valid points though.

why not ask your existing clients if they would be happy to follow you to the spa.
and ask all of the above questions.

Latest posts

Back