Do we ever stop worrying about our children?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tonicj

I have great children (young adults) aged 23 and 24. My lovely son is out tonight. He's a great young man. He has a wonderful sense of humour and gets on well with everyone, but I won't sleep till he's home! I don't think I will ever stop worrying about my children!

Same! My children are only 2 & 4 but I worry constantly about them. I will not leave them with anyone other than my mum or dad and even when i do leave them I worry something bad will happen.
Occasionally i would wake up crying sometimes as I would have these horrible dreams that don't bare thinking about and I would check them 4 or 5 times before I went to bed.
I think it's natural though. Lol it's a mothers job to worry :)

Same! My children are only 2 & 4 but I worry constantly about them. I will not leave them with anyone other than my mum or dad and even when i do leave them I worry something bad will happen.
Occasionally i would wake up crying sometimes as I would have these horrible dreams that don't bare thinking about and I would check them 4 or 5 times before I went to bed.
I think it's natural though. Lol it's a mothers job to worry :)

I was exactly the same :hug:

A mother will never stop worrying about her children no matter how old they are. I worry over my 2 just as my mum still worries over me and my sisters. I always say to my daughter that she won't appreciate just how much I love her until she's a mother herself.

My little boy is 3 and have another boy due in 2 weeks! My oldest starts nursery in Jan and I'm panicking so much! I'm terrified he's going to get badly treat or he escapes somehow and wanders the streets or something! He has bad speech and hearing problems so I'm getting all worked up thinking he won't be hearing the other kids properly and will feel left out or what if he tries telling the teachers something and they don't understand because of his speech delay?! I hate it I get so upset sometimes just through worry!! Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

I have my son's lamp on and hot water bottle in his bed. That comforts me at the moment! All I need right now is for him to come home! I'm like this every time both my children go out!

My little boy is 3 and have another boy due in 2 weeks! My oldest starts nursery in Jan and I'm panicking so much! I'm terrified he's going to get badly treat or he escapes somehow and wanders the streets or something! He has bad speech and hearing problems so I'm getting all worked up thinking he won't be hearing the other kids properly and will feel left out or what if he tries telling the teachers something and they don't understand because of his speech delay?! I hate it I get so upset sometimes just through worry!! Xx

My son also has a speech delay. I do worry about how he will cope with his peers as I myself had a horrible time with bullies in school, it would break my heart to see him go through the same.

My son goes to speech therapy and has improved so much whilst being at nursery, it really has helped alot. Alot of kids at his nursery don't speak English as a first language anyway so that makes me feel a bit better, as he will not be the only one who is behind with his words :)

Aw! My lovely son has hearing difficulties too and I guess that's why he is extra special to me. It hasn't held him back though. He is doing exceptionally well!

Awww this really got to me! Honestly, you will be surprised at how adaptable children are and I bet the children will understand him better than the adults. My daughter had to go to speech therapy (many moons ago) before she started nursery as she lost her front teeth in an accident which meant she couldn't pronounce certain things and I was so protective and used to feel physically sick if someone couldn't understand her. But you know what, she used to laugh it off and the other children understood her and loved her and she was so popular. Once they start nursery, where they're having to communicate so much anyway, I bet you'll find he comes on in leaps and bounds anyway. Act confident with him, help him with his therapy homework and I'm sure he really will be fine. Good luck for your little man.
Oh, and my daughter is 17 now and speaks so beautifully she could be a newsreader lol

Awww this really got to me! Honestly, you will be surprised at how adaptable children are and I bet the children will understand him better than the adults. My daughter had to go to speech therapy (many moons ago) before she started nursery as she lost her front teeth in an accident which meant she couldn't pronounce certain things and I was so protective and used to feel physically sick if someone couldn't understand her. But you know what, she used to laugh it off and the other children understood her and loved her and she was so popular. Once they start nursery, where they're having to communicate so much anyway, I bet you'll find he comes on in leaps and bounds anyway. Act confident with him, help him with his therapy homework and I'm sure he really will be fine. Good luck for your little man.
Oh, and my daughter is 17 now and speaks so beautifully she could be a newsreader lol

Great advice xx

Thanks everyone, he was born with a cleft lip and palate and has had 2 operations so far with another one coming up in the next few months and does go to speech therapy but at the minute it's not really helping much. I think he's amazing and I nearly burst out crying when he manages to say words wheras everybody else just sees it as a normality for 3yr olds to come out with new words! He gets so frustrated and upset sometimes when he's trying to tell me something and I don't understand him I just worry he'll get upset when he's at nursery. I know he'll be fine though! It's so stressful being a parent! Lol xx

Aww Becca, bless you. I literally have tears in my eyes reading that. He WILL get through this as he obviously has an amazing mum supporting him xx

Thanks everyone, he was born with a cleft lip and palate and has had 2 operations so far with another one coming up in the next few months and does go to speech therapy but at the minute it's not really helping much. I think he's amazing and I nearly burst out crying when he manages to say words wheras everybody else just sees it as a normality for 3yr olds to come out with new words! He gets so frustrated and upset sometimes when he's trying to tell me something and I don't understand him I just worry he'll get upset when he's at nursery. I know he'll be fine though! It's so stressful being a parent! Lol xx

I have a lovely feeling about you becca! I sense you are a very warm and lovely mum xx

Every time my children go out in their cars I worry! !

I have great children (young adults) aged 23 and 24. My lovely son is out tonight. He's a great young man. He has a wonderful sense of humour and gets on well with everyone, but I won't sleep till he's home! I don't think I will ever stop worrying about my children!

I am 22 moved away from home at 19 and my mam always tells me how proud she is of me being independent. Despite this she still tries to hold my hand when we cross the road! I don't think it's possible for parents to not worry about their children. :)

I have a 6 year old and always panic. If he breathes too heavily because of a cold or he's stammering from time to time due to excitement, the adrenaline kicks in and I frantically search the web for an answer.
But with all these worries, none of us would have it any other way, would we?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back