Do we have a Health related degree??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-beauty

Reaction score
Geeks,

do we as beauty therapists have a "health related degree" if not what is one?

is a diploma like a degree?

i am asking because i am researching nursing and its one of the questions asked. and even though i am cibtac, SPMU, electrolysis trained i am not sure if it health related????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

thanks in advance
:hug:

Hi e-beauty,
a diploma is equivalent to A levels and if you want to start a degree, the diploma will give you some UCAS points which will help you to do the degree course of your choice. Hope this is helpful.:)

thanks hun xxx

I studied at London College of Fashion doing a "Foundation Degree in Beauty Therapy and Health Studies"

To be honest it was awful! Not as good as some of the short courses I have done with private companies.
Teachers hadn't been allocated for some modules so we'd sit in class waiting for a teacher who never showed.
It was terribly run, I remember one lesson where an international student used bleach on a girls skin instead of cleanser due to the language requirements for the course being very relaxed- very dangerous when using hazardous liquids and machinery. I left shortly after this and never finished :(

Dont blame you for leaving! hope you got your money back!

I studied just over the road from you at the London school of beauty and make up, luckily my personal experience there was fantastic and I was lucky enough to have a brilliant tutor. There are so many courses now that are just shocking in the way they are run. :eek:

Dont blame you for leaving! hope you got your money back!
If only! It's run as a university so you don't get back your course fees :(
Honestly I don't know how they get away with it, they seem to just feed of the good name and even that come's more from their association with Saint Martins than anything else.
Plus they treated me like a schoolkid- I was 21 and had been a nail technician for 4 years!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back