Do you buy stock in for clients ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

Reaction score
Hi Salon Geeks

I have only been working for myself a couple of years, I dont hold lots of stock. The minx treatment is now a really big part of my business, I had a new client contact me email the minx she wanted. I didnt hold this one in stock and I did not have any other items I needed to to purchase. However I placed an order for the minx she required and now she has cancelled. This is the first time I have done this I would like to know how do the rest of you deal with this.

Do you buy soemthing for a client or would you just tell them it's not available and try to get them to take something you do have ?

i had this when i first opened i had both cleints cancel.
from then i decided id take a deposit of 50%. of the cost as long as you can get your money back from company. if you cant id charge for item up full cost up front.

Last edited:
I would ask all clients to pre pay in full for a special order including P&P just as any other business would do.

I bet she would not have canceled had you done so.

I don't order in special for any client, I just have a varied range and let them pick from them. If there was one the client wanted specially I would have them pay in full up front so your not left out of pocket.

I agree with Geeg, always get the client to pay for any special orders. Sainsburys, Tescos etc all do it...

Becki xxx

Latest posts

Back