Do you charge extra for this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is definitely part of the service and it really should not take 15 minutes to remove polish.
I charge for removal of Shellac if applied elsewhere but this is more because people say its Shellac but it turns out to be something I'd nearly need a chisel to remove...but of course it's Shellac, because that's what they were told!

If I went somewhere and was told there was a charge to take a bit of polish off I would be going elsewhere.

I think it is definitely part of the service and it really should not take 15 minutes to remove polish.
I charge for removal of Shellac if applied elsewhere but this is more because people say its Shellac but it turns out to be something I'd nearly need a chisel to remove...but of course it's Shellac, because that's what they were told!

If I went somewhere and was told there was a charge to take a bit of polish off I would be going elsewhere.

I agree entirely on charging for removal of non-regular polish; I charge for removal of Jessica's GELeration as that does take extra time and materials. But how people can charge extra for removal of polish really is beyond the pale!

i don't charge extra to remove usual polish and it dosn't bother me that it takes longer... UNLESS it's one of those clients where you are sat there removing it and it's purple... then some orange starts coming through, you keep rubbing and yes yes i see some pink! oh wait a second, is that blue emerging?! some of my clients think it is normal to just smack colour on top of colour again and again because nail polish remover is a waste of money, i explain that really you shouldn't leave polish on for that long and they laugh and say they remember putting the bottom coat on at christmas... thats great... really great! :rolleyes: :lol:

i don't charge extra to remove usual polish and it dosn't bother me that it takes longer... UNLESS it's one of those clients where you are sat there removing it and it's purple... then some orange starts coming through, you keep rubbing and yes yes i see some pink! oh wait a second, is that blue emerging?! some of my clients think it is normal to just smack colour on top of colour again and again because nail polish remover is a waste of money, i explain that really you shouldn't leave polish on for that long and they laugh and say they remember putting the bottom coat on at christmas... thats great... really great! :rolleyes: :lol:

Ah yes, the multiple layer technique. I've had a few of them! :biggrin:

Haha yes it's like pass the parcel on some clients fingers and toes...the colours just keep coming!! Even worse when they never use base coat and wonder why their nails are discoloured. I explain the importance of base coat and removing and reapplying polish, not least because it looks better but I think they just nod in agreement without the slightest intention of doing it...but at least they realise that I do a much better job hence why they book me!

My stepmother goes to the hairdressers with her hair freshly washed and a bit damp for a dry cut and woouldnt dream of letting the hairdresser wash or blow dry it, sure hasn't she shampoo and a hair dryer at home.
But then she also sees my job as pandering to rich old biddies who have nothing better to do with their time than preen themselves

Latest posts

Back