Do you charge the client extra to get a 2 week gel polish over acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little-princess

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Do you charge your customers extra if you are using a 2 week gel polish over their enhancements. I am also torn between Shellac & Gelish I currently use Gelax which is great but I would love to offer another brand aswell.

Thanks in advance :green:

i charge £10 extra x

I charge £26 for Vinylux on acrylics and £30 for Shellac on acrylics, £4 extra for either of these being Rockstar.

Shellac on it's own is £20, Vinylux is £16.

Thank you.

I was thinking €10 - €15 extra but I wanted to be sure that it was acceptable to do this. :)

I charge £26 for Vinylux on acrylics and £30 for Shellac on acrylics, £4 extra for either of these being Rockstar.

Shellac on it's own is £20, Vinylux is £16.

Hi Emily,

Does that mean that you do acrylics for only £10 extra or have I picked this up wrong?

I charge £10 extra for gel polish over gel extensions

Personally I would do one or the other. If you have a good polish then it shouldn't chip on top of acrylics. However maybe vinylux would be a good alternative. 😄

I charge £5 for vinylux on top and £15 for shellac on top.

I don't charge more than a couple of quid extra for Gelish ontop of gel nails.

I charge half my gelish service price over enhancements so £10- all the usual extras glitter etc are the same additional cost. Can't quite understand why people charge more for vinylux its a nail polish- this ought to be included as standard I feel to finish the service- same as manicures and pedicures. But that's just my thinking

I charge an extra £5 for Shellac on top of acrylics.

I couldn't justify more, really, since you need no base coat, no prep specific to shellac as it will have been covered when doing the infills, and the shellac top coat only takes the place of the Glaze n Go gel coat I would normally use. So basically the "extra service" is just 2 colour coats of Shellac which takes no more time to apply than the nail polish which I would normally include with an infill or new set .... and I DO NOT KNOW how you lot can jjustify charging so much more! :) I would feel I was ripping people off tbh! But more fool me, eh.....I'll never be rich :(

And I guess if you've got people paying it, there's not a problem.

I charge £5 more for Shellac on top :)

Me too I charge £5-£8(ish) on top of acrylic..
My normal acrylic full set is £25 (don't charge extra for colour etc)
Maintenance is £20
Pink infill £17
If I do shellac on top of acrylic maintenance £25 or on top if full set £30
Again I see for this price my clients are happy to pay the extra.. Because im only doing a pink infill I can still do the client within the hour, get perfect coverage from the colours & havnt got to soak off or file away an acrylic colour on their next appt, I've found this way it's also increased my hourly rate as although I'm using shellac additionally to my acrylic.. But I am saving on acrylic coloured powders & charging extra for them having colour which I wasn't doing with my acrylic colours & glitters! X

Thank you all for taking the time to reply 😊 I am going to charge €10 extra for 2 week gel top coat! Now I have to decide my prices for nail art & will I use Shellac or Gelish as an extra product

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Emily,

Does that mean that you do acrylics for only £10 extra or have I picked this up wrong?
Yeah if you look at it that way, yes I do. I see the Shellac as the extra though, not the acrylics ... broad as it's long though really lol :)

That is true 😊

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I charge £10 extra for Shellac over extensions x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back