Do you do your own nails and if so, how often?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsbyToni

Reaction score
I am about to do mine for the second time this week. Since my nails are my billboard, I do them often.

What about you? And what product do you use? I'll be posting a picture of mine as soon as I am done.

Oh hahah.. I thought that was client nails. :D

I think it's a bit of both, but good for inspo:)

Always doing my own nails. I tend to pick a base colour, have that for a week, then I stamp over it for a second week to change it up a bit.
Like someone else said, there your billboard.

I do my own nails every 10 days to 2 weeks... depending on how busy I've been or how bored I've got of the design.

I use Shellac on acrylics and tbh, there's very little wear and tear on them to NEED to do them any more frequent than that it's usually down to my own plans :)

I used to do mine all the time but got bored of constantly redoing them x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm always doing mine, very bright and eye catching I redo them mostly every week because I'm always having people asking me where I got my nails done so it's a pretty good advertising tool for me 😃 I've got uv hard gel enhancements on with Opi Gel Polish x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426522976.574701.jpg

This is mine at the moment done a few days ago 😃 x

I do mine about every 10 days to two weeks. They are my best advertising!

I'm so out of practice I've been too scared to do anything more than gel polish omg!

I am about to do mine for the second time this week. Since my nails are my billboard, I do them often.

What about you? And what product do you use? I'll be posting a picture of mine as soon as I am done.

New to the forum, am currently a student, but I do my own nails every weekend. I do pretty extravagant and eye catching nails every time and I get a ton of people who comment on them and say to me "oh let me know when you are licensed so you can do mine" it is great advertising!

As for products, my favorite is Young Nails. Recently though my instructor has given me some Clarité by OPI and I'm liking it.

I use Shellac and either change them every week or 2 or if I get a new colour. I went dark this week, I need to practice painting my own a bit more I think.
This is what I went with, sadly my other fingers are stained brown from yesterday's hair client, it's not very attractive lol so here's my accent finger. I love these silver cats.
People do notice or comment on them and it's a great way to advertise.

ATTACH]83563[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426593128.168002.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426593128.168002.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 164
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426595063.394123.jpg I'm still training too and I do mine at least once a week for practice and to advertise x

I do my own about three times a week. Occasionally my mum does them for me though! And I do hers!

I don't do mine as often as I'd like, bit pants as I agree the best way to advertise is to sport a beautiful set of nails you did yourself, when I do get to do my nails I use foils and glitter to accent as it is much easier to do than freehand nail art but still looks really beautiful xx

Latest posts

Back