Do you ever forget your first love?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got with my first love (well I thought he was) at 18 we were together on and off for 5 years it turns out he never loved me, he just saw me as a bed buddy. He treated me awfully :( I then got set up on a blind date with a fella who I was with for a year and again he treated me like dirt, he was cheating on my for the last 4 months we were together. I then decided to stay single and stop looking for Mr right, I'm glad I did as I found my husband. We will have been together 4 years in sept and will have been married 1 year we have 2 gorgeous boys. I love him will all my heart and he's my best friend and my soul mate. I now know I never knew what love was till I met my husband.
Looking back at my exes the first one still lives at home with his mum, has a gf 11 years younger than him, and still goes out drinking every weekend and all weekend. The one I was with for a year is still with the girl that he was cheating with, they now have a daughter and he is now cheating on her. Karma really :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I was with my first love from aged 16 to 19 and when we split it was awful! I moved on and met other people and eventually got engaged and bought a house but I always thought about my first love.
Although our relationship had been very unhealthy at times, there was something very natural about being with him and I felt I compared everyone to him.
Years later I split with my fiancé. Somehow my first love bumped into my best friend on a night out and confessed he had never forgotten me and wished things were different.
Needless to say, she set us up and we've been together ever since! Two children and a house later! 😍😘

Oh that's so lovely! 💛

I don't think I will ever forget my first "love" I was 18 and he was 24 he completely destroyed my trust in men. I used to be so confident until he knocked it out of me and made me agoraphobic I didn't go anywhere without him. I was so young and stupid I paid for everything food, drinks, cinema etc..and then out of the blue he said I'm going travelling for a year... He asked me to book a flight to Thailand to meet him 6 months into his travel and just a week before I was going I found out he had been cheating on me with a Japanese girl.... he came home tried to get back with me and I said no... The next I hear from him is that he is moving to Japan as the girl fell pregnant and her dad was a very important man out there and sent for him to go back... He message me the other week on Facebook and his not happy..... Karma

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it would be hard to forget anyone you've been in love with, but especially your first love. I was only with mine for just over a year and we were in high school but it was one of those "fell totally head over heels, so intense, so passionate, he was the centre of my world and nothing else mattered, if we ever broke up my whole would collapse and we were soulmates and going to be together forever" sort of loves. He broke up with me and I was devastated. It took me months to pick myself back up and years to fully get over it. Even though it ended pretty badly, I still have fond memories of the relationship and what he was like to me (I got to see a side that no one else did) the fun times we had and I don't think badly of him. That experience changed my life so radically and I wouldn't be the person I am today if he hadn't come into my life.

I met my current bf 3 years after my first love ended and we've now been together for almost 4 years. Although I love him, it's a very different love to how I loved my first love. This one is more realistic, a bit slower almost, not as intense and for the first few months of our relationship I wasn't sure about him at all. Whether I was actually in love with him, was he right for me, etc. It took me at least 2 years to work out if I thought he might be the "one" because I was so unsure about him (because I didn't have that instant "gut feeling" about him like I'd had about my first love). However for some reason it feels safer, more real and I am happier. (He is the only bf I've had since my first love)

I haven't seen or communicated with my ex for some years now but I still dream about him sometimes. And I too, feel guilty when I wake up with my bf, knowing I've dreamed about my ex while he's asleep beside me. I can't explain the dreams, why I have them but they usually carry the same theme - I come across him somehow and we talk and even in the dream I find myself thinking how strange it is, as we haven't seen each other or talked for years. Something always interrupts and we each go our separate ways and I find myself wishing I could talk to him for just a bit longer. There have been a couple of dreams where he has wanted me back and although I've been tempted, dream me has decided that I'm happier with my current bf. So I know I'm not in love with him anymore and it's now been almost 7 years since we broke up, but I don't know why I still dream about him. I have often heard the saying that you dream about someone because that person was thinking about you before they went to sleep - it would be nice if that was true. It would be nice to know that they think about us every now and then too x

My first boyfriend & first love are 2 very different things :')
At the time I thought I loved my first boyfriend, but it's nothing compared to how I feel with my now-boyfriend, although my first boyfriend wasn't exactly the epitome of the perfect man & this has had a lasting impression on me even now which I resent (eg, jealousy, inability to deal with angry situations now due to my ex's violent outbursts when he was angry). They say the best is always the last :)

I think it would be hard to forget anyone you've been in love with, but especially your first love. I was only with mine for just over a year and we were in high school but it was one of those "fell totally head over heels, so intense, so passionate, he was the centre of my world and nothing else mattered, if we ever broke up my whole would collapse and we were soulmates and going to be together forever" sort of loves. He broke up with me and I was devastated. It took me months to pick myself back up and years to fully get over it. Even though it ended pretty badly, I still have fond memories of the relationship and what he was like to me (I got to see a side that no one else did) the fun times we had and I don't think badly of him. That experience changed my life so radically and I wouldn't be the person I am today if he hadn't come into my life.

I met my current bf 3 years after my first love ended and we've now been together for almost 4 years. Although I love him, it's a very different love to how I loved my first love. This one is more realistic, a bit slower almost, not as intense and for the first few months of our relationship I wasn't sure about him at all. Whether I was actually in love with him, was he right for me, etc. It took me at least 2 years to work out if I thought he might be the "one" because I was so unsure about him (because I didn't have that instant "gut feeling" about him like I'd had about my first love). However for some reason it feels safer, more real and I am happier. (He is the only bf I've had since my first love)

I haven't seen or communicated with my ex for some years now but I still dream about him sometimes. And I too, feel guilty when I wake up with my bf, knowing I've dreamed about my ex while he's asleep beside me. I can't explain the dreams, why I have them but they usually carry the same theme - I come across him somehow and we talk and even in the dream I find myself thinking how strange it is, as we haven't seen each other or talked for years. Something always interrupts and we each go our separate ways and I find myself wishing I could talk to him for just a bit longer. There have been a couple of dreams where he has wanted me back and although I've been tempted, dream me has decided that I'm happier with my current bf. So I know I'm not in love with him anymore and it's now been almost 7 years since we broke up, but I don't know why I still dream about him. I have often heard the saying that you dream about someone because that person was thinking about you before they went to sleep - it would be nice if that was true. It would be nice to know that they think about us every now and then too x

It's the exact same story for me. High school sweethearts and nothing else matters. When it ended I felt like my world was over and it's almost like I can't get over that awful feeling and awful time I was put through!

I have a childhood sweetheart 💕& i think il always have some sort of feelings for him. He was my 1st relationship, we'd kissed a few times in the years leading up to our r/ship (& secretly fancied each other) at 21 we got back together for 2 months-(id split from an abusive r/ship weeks earlier) & as I was on a rebound it didnt work.

We've had the odd FB message & the nostalgia of being young & carefree & in love & we have good memories. we live local we pass each other & just wave, but never speak face to face-even though we have grown up together...which is sad, as I miss him as a friend. I like to hear he is doing well etc. But we have both moved on, & as we have mutual friends our partners know we were each others ex, so it gets awkward.

I then met my now (unfortunately) ex, who i was with for 6 years & I must admit I loved him more than anyone I'd been 'in love' with. :'( although i didnt initially 'fancy' him at the start. Now i cant imagine why i didnt! & im 💔 it didnt work! But, thats life 👎 xx

I just asked my boyfriend if he has forgotten his first love and got the subject changed so think that answers that question, made me feel a bit sh*t but life goes on 😁 x

I was with my first love from 21 to 25. He cheated on me & left me then asked me to marry him. I couldn't forgive the cheating and said no. It took me ages to get over it but I did. We're now facebook friends and he married the woman he cheated with & they now have 2 kids. My now father in law works with him so I get regular updates lol. I'm now so so so blissfully happy with my fiance & our little girl that I now realise that although I've never forgotten him I'm over him.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back