Do you get nervous when going to a new client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get my self in a right mess, iv got a new lady coming today which iv never met.My old teacher at the college rang me and said she wanted someone to do her nails at college but she sed they wasnt ready yet to perfom on clients but i know a tech who has just qualified heres her number.Well i was a reck on the phone she told me it was for her mum for xmas prezy that was 1 month ago.Anyway she said she would get back to me when she wanted the app,i heard nothing then out of the blue last week she rang and asked if she could bring her mum today for a full set of white tips {i know you geeks dont like them but thats what she wants} so iv said yes.Shes due to arrive at 12 noon,iv been up since 6oclock cant sleep cos of my nerves.Al my other {few} clients i know so this will be the first and im bricking it incase i do something wrong.My nearves stop me from doing alot more as i seem to make excuses sometimes which i get soo mad with my self as i know with more practice i could become very good at what i do.Anyway im going now to have another fag cos iv only got 2hrs before the lady arrives....wish me luck! x

I bet you'll do a great job. Hopefully she's friendly! Good luck x

I still do...not so much going to a new client as they all come to me now..but i do feel a little apprehensive just before. I think about what kind of nails they will have...what there expectations are and also if they will like me...:lol:

I think if you never thought about it then you would either have to be a super cool and chilled out person or just got complacent about it.

I'd say after the first 10 mins i am ok.

I'm exactly the same, I think its a good thing, it keeps us on our toes!

OMG!!!
In the beginning yes of course I did.
Luckily I was blessed with the gift of the gab and can talk my way, as most people would agree:eek::lol: But sometimes it has been hard work with some...a bit like pulling teeth with quiet clients but it all works out after a while.

well I realise that this is about nails, but tbh its universal. I do mostly massage and when its a newbie I worry about their EXPECTATIONS.

After I've done the consultation and ask 'what they want from the massage' I sometimes gulp and think 'blimey' they want me to undo 5 years of misuse, or they expect me to do something that a chiropractor should be doing.

So, I tell them what they can expect from me and that I can't undo 5 years of misuse or I can't do what a chiropractor does, etc, etc.

I want that client to lie on the bed ready for a massage knowing what they will get for their money, and then I can relax into giving the massage and give to my best ability.

Also, confidence does get better and better. But as VHunter said, 'fake it'. Thats what affirmations are all about, they fool the brain into thinking that we can do it/will do it.

When I used to do mobile treatments, I would talk to myself along the route. I would do a pep talk, ie 'well you can do this, just relax, enjoy, and my professionalism will take over' etc etc. sometimes I would turn into one of those American (opps sorry) inspirational talkers albeit minus the microphone!!!

its natural to have some nerves, i'm a new tech and still get nervous with regulars!

At times I get very nervous, it usually starts the night before.
By the time I get to work, and ask what the are looking for, colors. shape, art, I just do my thing.
I try to look calm. :eek:
I truly believe its good to be a little bit nervous, as someone else posted, it keeps us on our toes.

Latest posts

Back