Do you have a cleaner and what do they do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think it would be appropriate for a cleaner to ask their employer to keep any valuables out of sight? On the one hand I think it would sound professional and reassure the employer that you don't want to steal from them... but what if they think you'd be tempted and don't trust yourself? :eek:

I'm considering doing some cleaning in the evenings as there are some huge houses around here, so surely there must be a call for it. I love cleaning other people's houses but I'm getting fed up of cleaning my own. Maybe I could work as a cleaner and use the money to pay someone to clean my house?! :lol:

Absolutely. I would be very respectful of any cleaner asking me to make sure all my valuables and money are locked away safely. It just reduces the risk element of them losing something and you getting the blame. I find people very single minded when all they think about are cleaners stealing...We know this happens unfortunately and we also know some people lose things very easily. That way no one will be too blame. It's sensible, nothing more.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a cleaner and she is wonderful. She comes in once a day and does it all :)

She is fantastic when it comes to cleaning the fireplaces and my oven is always clean :)

Would be lost without her. She gets £9.80 per hour.

However, I do lock certain items in the safe as you cannot trust everybody.

When she first came I checked the 'nanny cams" and she passed :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I ask what sort of items you would put in the safe? I dont have much jewellery or antiques - are we talking passports/bank statements etc?

Passports
Deeds
Legal docs
Earrings, necklaces, etc
Strong room keys

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think cleaners deserve a lot more pay than they get. I wanted a cleaning job when I 16 but wasn't allowed to use the buffer machine until I was 18. I saw adverts in the paper a few years ago for the posh privet estates saying we need a cleaner for 2hours a day £5 per hour and have very high standards in cleaning. Tight sods but my mum does 46hours a week working and still has time to clean,cook,and do the washing. Even if I was rich I would still clean it's a hobby to me and I enjoy it and keeps you active!

The lady that does my cleaning comes in once a week for 3 hours, she charges £8 ph. She mops the floors, dusts,hoovers, and does any job you leave on her list. She comes in when I'm at work.

I'm still tempted...

Latest posts

Back