Do you leave paraffin wax in heater all the time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heat the wax, scoop some into a heavy plastic bag, place client's hand or foot in, and squish it all over. Wrap in towels or mitts/booties. It works perfectly well. Put the cover back on the paraffin heater and it lasts fine.

Ha.. so if you dont dip can you re-use or do you throw all the wax you have left in your heater away.

What I am trying to work out is once the treatment is finished and I turn the heater off - the paraffin wax left in there - canI just leave it in there for next time and use it again.

thanks

x

Yes you can leave the wax in there, then re-heat and use again.

And you can dip if that is your preference.

And you don't dip if that is your preference.

Simple.

Thanks guys for all your help. Am off on the world wide net to search down a cool paraffin wax set.... that Orb looks good......mmmm maybe...

Thanks again. The deciding factor was whether the wax could stay in the heater as could not be doing with having to scoop it out everytime I finished using it.

x

Sorry no we were joking around .... Wrist slapped!!

I don't reuse or dip!

I'm just not the kind of girl that likes dipping no matter how hard you clean those hands they will never be clean enough for me to dip them!! Lol I suffer with eczema on my hands and my skin just falls of my hands literally I can clap once and there will be a big puff on dead skin everywhere lol even when I clean my hands and they look find they still do it! So if you were to dip hands a small percentage of dead skin would go in your paraffin wax! Which just makes me squirm!

As to the spray one!! If you fancy redecoration your salon or clients home soon then go for It!! I used them once in the salon and for 2 days I was scraping little tiny bits of it of the floor walls chair it get into places you didn't know it could and a pain to clean after!!!!

I also have eczema in my hands and I can't rave enough about solar oil!
I had a reaction to Gelish and my fingertips were cracked and bleeding. I was applying the solar oil pretty heavy 3 times a day. I would rub the excess oil all over my hands. My husband even noticed how soft and nice my hands were. Now I'm putting it on my dry heels! I still use medication as needed but not so often now. :)

I use a paraffin bath and dip for both hands and feet thats what they are intended for. They are clean and soaked/sanitised beforehand, they shouldn't be 'catching' anything you wouldn't be doing the treatment in the 1st place if they had a contagious condition.Excessive skin conditions are contra-indicated. There was a study done i think someone put the link on here, that the skin is coated on contact making it impossible for anything to drop of the feet etc. i think it was done with ink or something.
Thats the main reason my clients love the treatment that lovely feeling when you dip - you just dont get the same with brushing it on, i did try this before i got the bath.
i also switch off till next time and reheat.

The Orb does look nice mind you - do i gather its for multiple uses of products?

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all your help. Am off on the world wide net to search down a cool paraffin wax set.... that Orb looks good......mmmm maybe...

Thanks again. The deciding factor was whether the wax could stay in the heater as could not be doing with having to scoop it out everytime I finished using it.

x

You dont need to take it out every time after use, it stays in there - that would be a nightmare x

You can use the Spa Appliance orb. I know it's a bit pricey but it's so cool!
It has a little cup to put the wax in so you only need to put enough wax in for one client and then you can throw it away.
It only takes about 10 minutes to heat up too and it stays at 70 degrees for an hour once you take the heater off the base plate. The base plate lights up and looks cool. I love it!

Spa Products | Beauty Spa Products | ORB | Skincare Warming

Please could you pm me the cost for this as I don't have an account with them currently. Thank you:D

When i trained, we either used tin foil to scoup out or the one i prefer is you put melted wax into a disposable latex glove, they put there hands in and it coats and is contained. They can then take the glove home with them for a home treatment, they just melt in hot water.

You can buy strips that you dip into the we then wrap around the clients hands/feet like you were wrapping a bandage around! These are fab I love them, I get them from beauty express. Xxx

I saw those strips for sale - how do they work? Does the wax come off them or do they stay on the clients hands or feet. They look intriguing.

x

Please could you pm me the cost for this as I don't have an account with them currently. Thank you:D

They are available from Aston and Fincher so if you have an account with them then you could buy it there but I'll pm you the price.

The Orb does look nice mind you - do i gather its for multiple uses of products?

Yes, you can use it for paraffin wax, normal wax, massage oil etc...

Have heard back from aston and fincher - and have my account set up so seen the price of the orb. Its quite expensive but I think its top of the list now. Thinking it can be used for other things like masques which need heating.

I am thinking once you finish and you allow whats left of the paraffin wax to cool, it would be quite easy to get the remnents out of the cup and clean it?

Thanks for suggesting this Angelina - it is so cute!

Decision made - off to buy the Orb from my local aston and fincher branch today - yaaaay I am so excited!!

x

Hi the procedure we teach at college is we heat the wax in a paraffin wax bath then use a plastic ladle to scoop out the wax, which is then poured into a small plastic bowl lined with good quality tin foil (this keeps heat in and stops the bowl becoming dirty) . Cover your work area with plenty of couch roll then brush the wax on to the clients hands or feet. Then wrap in plastic followed by towels or Towelling booties. This way any waste can be thrown away or you can add more to the bowl fir more coverage. Initially the coverage is not as good as dipping but with practice it does get better you just need to be quick.
So no issues with waste, dipping or having a separate bath for hands and feet ! 😄💅

Last edited:
Thanks for your help with this.

Have now purchased The ORB - and am trying to get my head around it. First attempt just now with paraffin wax I think I must have overheated it as it was really hot. So have let it cool and am trying again in a minute...

I really love the concept of the orb,I just hope I can manage to sort it out with the heat level. Hubby is helping me this afternoon -I am not the practical type!

x

It heats to 70 degrees and stays at 70 for an hour.
It does feel hot when you put it on so you need to brush it on thinly to start with and then build it up.

The wax still seems terribly hot. It may be right - but its like very hot. How hot should paraffin wax be? And do you put oils or anything on underneath?

thanks x

The wax still seems terribly hot. It may be right - but its like very hot. How hot should paraffin wax be? And do you put oils or anything on underneath?

thanks x

This is interesting to know, as I'm about to purchase mine for paraffin wax and hot/warm wax, although the pots are only tiny x

It heats to 70 degrees and stays at 70 for an hour.
It does feel hot when you put it on so you need to brush it on thinly to start with and then build it up.

How long does it take to heat up?

Latest posts

Back