Do you need a disclosure for doing pamper parties?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJS84

Reaction score
Hi geeks.

I've decided to do pamper parties for children and was just wondering if you need a disclosure as its kids your working with.

TIA XX

Hi geeks.

I've decided to do pamper parties for children and was just wondering if you need a disclosure as its kids your working with.

TIA XX

Hi there,
It's best to check with your own insurance company. But yes, it's good practice to have a signed letter of consent and even a parent or guardian present when performing any professional treatment on an under 16.

Hiya,

I'm unsure on wether it is a must however I have one which was handy as I had them done for previous jobs.

Pretty sure there was some law brought in a while ago stating that anyone working with or near children / young people had to have one, which is why I kept mine handy, but who knows in this crazy country? :-D

Maybe worth googling it to check out the situation, think I might google it too as it is defo worth knowing xoxo

Hiya,

Pretty sure there was some law brought in a while ago stating that anyone working with or near children / young people had to have one, which is why I kept mine handy, but who knows in this crazy country? :-D

I'm Scotland we have PVG -Protection of Vulnerable Groups.

The legislation explains "regulated work" which determines who should join the scheme, I.e who should be disclosure checked. Unfortunately this doesn't include everyone working with children - it's a bit more complex than that 😔. If you want to show parents that you are not bared from working with children you could always opt for the "statement of scheme membership" anyone can apply for this on their own.

If you are in Scotland pm me and I can help, it just so happens this my full time job. Xxx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back