Do you NEED a yellow asterisk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
There is a question in our profiles which says do you provide products or services to our industry? To clarify, this means are you a distributor or trainer or in some other way financially associated with a company.

It does not mean do you provide goods or services to your clients in your capacity as a beauty, nail or hair therapist.

I have seen many people recently who have yellow asterisks and they dont really need them. Equally there are some people who feel they dont need one and they should LOL.

If in doubt, please create a thread in My Forum and ask for clarification.

The question is ambiguous and should be changed by the GMG IMHO

It should say just what you said, Fiona ...

Are you a distributor or trainer or in some other way financially associated with a company? Much less confusing.

This is actually what the rule says -

Thou shalt fully disclose thyself

If you sell products or services to the Salon Professional or you work for a company that sells products or services to the Salon Professional, you must disclose this fact in your profile before participating on the site. You can disclose this fact by editing the option(s) in your profile (or click here). Failure to disclose this information can result in a permanent ban. If in doubt, ask the team by creating a post in the "My Forum" section of the site.

So it does come down to whether people actually read the rules that they tick the box to say they agree with or just fill in their profile or not as the case may be LOL.

I am bumping this back up, as I see a lot of newbie geeks on here with asterisks and they are not distributors or suppliers to the Industry.

Please check your profile and make sure it is up to date.

I do agree with Geeg that the question "are you a provider of services" is a bit ambiguous, but as naturalnails says if you read the rules, it should all become clearer ;)

Thanks izzidoll have now read this thread and i was clearly mistaken by the provider of products or services as meaning that i "provide" a "service" to clients rather than it meaning im a distributor or supplier. Glad theres many others on here that have clearly made the same mistake. Ammending it now

Time to bump this up again !

I keep seeing yellow asterisks on people's postS, when they are obviously not distributors or suppliers. To save me having to PM all these people separately I am bumping this up in the hope they will read it and amend their profiles.....it would be appreciated, and would save any confusion.

Maybe while you are there it would be a good time to update your profiles too :wink2:

Thanks for that I have changed it now

Bump ... for the newbie geeks who may be unsure.

Woop woop people, after a little moaning and whining from yours truly the wonderful Grand Master Geek has changed the wording of the question in the profile ! Yaay!
Instead of asking if you are a provider of services it asks are you a supplier/trainer to the industry.
Thanks to everyone who has responded to my PMs about this, and hopefully I won't be sending any more :)

This should make things clearer for new geeks filing out their profiles....and now the only geeks with yellow asterisk should be suppliers and trainers.
If in doubt check your own profile out and edit if it needs it....maybe even update it if you haven't in a while.
OH oh....maybe that will be my next obsession :eek:

Time for another bump perhaps ...

... and again please for the many newbies who have joined recently, who may be unclear as to whether they need or don't need a yellow asterisk.

I did this until I was pm'd by someone!
By the way.. I am assuming pm means personal message and what is bump??
I still have a lot to learn...lol

Just learnt I can't access this thread via my phone either :-(
Will dig the laptop out x

Thanks noodle!
I mainly use my phone and I think my actions are limited because of this.
I can't start a thread via my phone can I?

You can start thread on your phone , if say I go to hair geek and don't press on any topics on the right of my screen with an arrow it comes up with new topic hope that makes sense , I'm not very good at explaining x

Ahh, thank you!
I've found this thread very helpful, ill have go x

I can't believe this thread needs bumped up again....but there is a rash of yellow asterisks over the boards again on newbies profiles who are obviously not trainers distributors or suppliers of anything ;)
The question is now clear....Are you a supplier/trainer to the Industry so why say yes if you are a student or salon owner ?

I can't believe this thread needs bumped up again....but there is a rash of yellow asterisks over the boards again on newbies profiles who are obviously not trainers distributors or suppliers of anything ;)
The question is now clear....Are you a supplier/trainer to the Industry so why say yes if you are a student or salon owner ?

I am now as I provide training :0) x

I am now as I provide training :0) x

Thanks Blue, you really suit that asterisk :)
It would be great if you put some detail in your profile too, rather than just a yes to the question...let us nosey people that look at profiles see the detail that you are a trainer and what training you carry out.

Latest posts

Back