Do you pay for lunch?

Can any one help ,do you pay staff when there on a break thank you

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek app

Can any one help ,do you pay staff when there on a break thank you

It depends what you want to do. You can pay employed staff lunch breaks/breaks but generally there is a reason why you would do this. If hours are changed. I have an example. One of my staff worked two mornings a week I wanted them to work one whole day a week, by changing the hours it left an hour short so I suggested instead of losing money I would pay her the hours lunch break - but this is me, morally I thought is was correct...and lets face it what is there to argue about for one hour! I was happy to pay it and she was happy to change the hours for it. win win.

As a rule breaks are not paid and are stated as such in an employee contract but there is no hard and fast rule for this.

Thank you just been looking at the nfh contracts to see what it says .

I pay my girls for their lunch break. Just think it's a nice gesture. X

What is this lunch thing of which you speak?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Nails<3

What is this lunch thing of which you speak?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app
Lol I asked myself the same question. I live off cuppa soups and foxs mints to keep me going.

In my old old job I was always paid for my breaks& lunch, which I would always be around for, cleaning, on reception etc etc, it was never really a break but I was happy with that as I was being paid so it was only fair, I didn't want to take the Micky.
My last job was unpaid lunch & no breaks, I was out of the building as soon as the clock struck 12 and was no where to be seen until the clock struck 1, I wasn't being paid to be there so fully ensured I wasn't there lol (I hated the job so that was probably the main reason I disappeared at lunch lol) but it did make me reflect and think It was really kind of my first job to pay for my breaks and I did really appreciate it an I think I actually worked harder for them (again maybe because I hated my old job). I would rather not take a lunch break and finish early in all honesty so it did peeve me when I got made to take an hour unpaid lunch everyday :)
(By the way both the above jobs were office jobs not beauty related) by just my thoughts from an employee side :D xxxxx

It's my view that I pay for a full days work, the girls rarely leave the salon for lunch ( other than to buy it ) some days they don't get a break, others they are quiet.

NailsXpress

When I was employed in a salon I wasn't paid for my lunch break. If I worked through it I would have to claim overtime.