Do you plan your marketing promotions for the year?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BizGirl

Reaction score
Do you plan your marketing promotions out for the year in an annual marketing calendar or do you promote as you go during the year?

I used to just work it out as I went along (and struggled with my marketing), but when I started to plan my marketing and promotions out in advance, I then started to attract more clients to my salon all year round and they kept coming back - and bringing their friends. I also found that it stopped the quiet times.

What do you do in your salon when it comes to marketing planning and is it working for you?

A fellow geek sent me a marketing calendar. I am using this idea to plan out all marketting through out the year.

I have just done valentines day.

I decided on what offers/packages/ treatments etc I want to promote. Then I moved on how to let people know about them.

Website - add a new Special offers / seasonal page with details of current special offers and information

Face book - scheduled posts, pictures, offers to appear in the run up (ill never forget to post as its all scheduled to do it automatically)

Text message marketing - NEW I am doing a simple comp when I get to 650 likes on FB. They have to click on the link on Fb go to my website enter name, email address telephone number do they want to receive special offers by email or text. The prize is 2 hours pampering for 1 and 3 runner up prizes of a 30 minute treatment. The main objectives of this are 1) gain more likes on FB 2) to add more people to my marketing lists 3) to get people to view my website and have a look around it

Email marketing - all planned I need to writ and schedule the emails

In house marketing - decorations, a board, window signs, desk signs, posters

Local marketing - posters in barbers and florists saying "get your gift vouchers at my salon" not exactly but you get my drift.

Next will be my Skin Care month ill use the same format as above, then ill work my way through each month concentrating on important dates, seasons etc.

Last year when we got busy my marketing dropped off, we didn't have promotions, I barely sent out emails. I don't want to look desperate emailing only during quiet times. I'm finding it easier to think of ways to advertise locally for free aswell, I don't feel under pressure to make quick on the spot decisions.

This is the side of business that I love, I love all the planning it's very exciting to me and when people spend money in my salon because of my efforts it is very satisfying.

Xx

Do you plan your marketing promotions out for the year in an annual marketing calendar or do you promote as you go during the year?

I used to just work it out as I went along (and struggled with my marketing), but when I started to plan my marketing and promotions out in advance, I then started to attract more clients to my salon all year round and they kept coming back - and bringing their friends. I also found that it stopped the quiet times.

What do you do in your salon when it comes to marketing planning and is it working for you?

Hi Bizgirl,

I plan marketing 3 months ahead at a time. That way I am organised but can also theme it to any events or new treatments etc.

I have created a really good in depth marketing excel spreadsheet. If you wanted a copy, PM me your email and I will send it over to you.

Hayley

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

A fellow geek sent me a marketing calendar. I am using this idea to plan out all marketting through out the year.

I have just done valentines day.

I decided on what offers/packages/ treatments etc I want to promote. Then I moved on how to let people know about them.

Website - add a new Special offers / seasonal page with details of current special offers and information

Face book - scheduled posts, pictures, offers to appear in the run up (ill never forget to post as its all scheduled to do it automatically)

Text message marketing - NEW I am doing a simple comp when I get to 650 likes on FB. They have to click on the link on Fb go to my website enter name, email address telephone number do they want to receive special offers by email or text. The prize is 2 hours pampering for 1 and 3 runner up prizes of a 30 minute treatment. The main objectives of this are 1) gain more likes on FB 2) to add more people to my marketing lists 3) to get people to view my website and have a look around it

Email marketing - all planned I need to writ and schedule the emails

In house marketing - decorations, a board, window signs, desk signs, posters

Local marketing - posters in barbers and florists saying "get your gift vouchers at my salon" not exactly but you get my drift.

Next will be my Skin Care month ill use the same format as above, then ill work my way through each month concentrating on important dates, seasons etc.

Last year when we got busy my marketing dropped off, we didn't have promotions, I barely sent out emails. I don't want to look desperate emailing only during quiet times. I'm finding it easier to think of ways to advertise locally for free aswell, I don't feel under pressure to make quick on the spot decisions.

This is the side of business that I love, I love all the planning it's very exciting to me and when people spend money in my salon because of my efforts it is very satisfying.

Xx

Hi, you're doing really well with this and it's good to see that the results are coming in. I'm a keen planner too - love it way too much :) Do you track and measure at all?

Hi, you're doing really well with this and it's good to see that the results are coming in. I'm a keen planner too - love it way too much :) Do you track and measure at all?

Not officially, I do a mental count up of how many people take up the special offers, and monitor how clients found us. But to much else. I need to find a way to monitor each thing I do.

It takes a bit of discipline to do the monitoring and measuring part - for me anyway - and I'm generally so focused on the promotional part that I get exhausted when it comes to doing that extra step of working out what to measure, how to measure and following through on doing it. A simple spreadsheet that you just tally and tick things off works well. It's quick and simple and really worth the effort to be able to measure what worked, what worked well and what didn't work at all. Helpful too for future promotions.

I have only had my business for a year but I like to be super organised and want to start planning ahead. I didnt do it very much last year as I was finding my feet but want to do so this year.

I have sorted Valentines but want to get Mother's Day planned.

Where did you ladies get your marketing Calendars from?

I want one!

:)

Me too!! Lol.

I'm coming up to my third year in business. I run an offer every month and advertise it in a local magazine that gets delivered to all of the houses in our salons surrounding area, I'm very active on our facebook page and constantly update that, I focus on seasonal occasions, valentines day, Christmas, Easter, etc, and I also send out offers by SMS to clients who have signed up for this service. I'm in the process of setting up a newsletter.

I've never heard of a marketing calendar though (am I very naïve?!) lol. If somebody would be so kind to send me one, I'd really appreciate it :) My email address is; [email protected]

Xx

Hey all,

Im in the same position as the lady above, only been open 7 months, Im naturally unorganized and messy but when it comes to my business Im the total opposite, its like 2 me's lol, so a planner app would be awesome :)

How do you get fb posts scheduled or do you mean you set reminders to send them out?

I need to work out a comfortable post time table for best times to post and not become white noise lol twitter is also the same, i struggle with twitter more than fb so i get them to update each other so i don't have to do multiple updates that seem different sometimes.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Hi

Would also love some info on the marketing calendar. I have ideas but never feel that what I have written is catchy enough.

Any tips would be a help.

Many thanks

Hi

Im not very good at the promo side- Im spending alot of my time researching ahead of my launch in April - any tips and hints anyone would care to share Id appreciate!! Also if someone would email me the marketing calendar that would be fantastic! [email protected]

Thanks

Hi, I'm about to release an annual marketing calendar called Salon Marketing Map. If you're interested, there's more info here Salon Marketing Map | More Business More Life

In the meantime, I have a very simple planning calendar that can be used to plan a promotion. It has an example included and is part of a free e-program that I offer when you subscribe to my site and download the free marketing book.

PM me with your email address if you'd like me to send you a PDF copy of the promotion planning calendar. The same concept can be used for annual planning - just have columns of weeks rather than days.

How do you get fb posts scheduled or do you mean you set reminders to send them out?

In safari or IE when you write a status before you post it at the bottom of the post there is a little clock click on that and you can schedule a year, month, date, hour and minute.

I can sit here for an hours an schedule posts, pics etc. you can choose to promote them aswell.

In safari or IE when you write a status before you post it at the bottom of the post there is a little clock click on that and you can schedule a year, month, date, hour and minute.

I can sit here for an hours an schedule posts, pics etc. you can choose to promote them aswell.

Ahhhhhhhh wicked that's my quiet days filled up again with organising this lol :D thank you :)

Also did you say you use a marketing app? What one do you use?

You learn something new every day!

Thankyou for this.

I hope I didn't miss anyone, please let me know if I did! And also, if you did receive a copy of the promotional marketing calendar, what did you think? Was it helpful?

...also, FYI, I'm just putting the finishing touches on the launch of Salon Marketing Map | More Business More Life which will be released in the next week or so...so if you're keen to be one of the first to get this marketing calendar (plus a bunch of other stuff) head over to my site and check it out - the only catch is that to get the special launch offer, you'll have to opt-in to my site. If you decide not to, there's a blog post I wrote about using a marketing calendar - might be helpful.

Could a receive one please?? [email protected]

Also registering interest on that link as I type :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SalonGeek

Sent :) Hope it helps and let me know if you have questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back