Do you regret HD Brow training? Has it brought you more business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Ok Geeks. For me it's crunch time. I have read alllll of the threads on HD brows and had decided to go for it then I read some more and changed my mind and it goes on.... I need to book it and asap.

I understand about buying into the brand and I do feel , unlike some other geeks, that I would benefit from extra training.

My main question is do any of you regret training in HD brows? Has it been fruitless for some of you?

On the other side of it has it brought you new clients that perhaps you wouldn't have had before?

I think I have my answer but I am planning on opening my own salon and a grand out of my budget is quite a chunk so I need to make sure it is worth it!

Thankyou

Zooks

Absolute waste of money, no new clients and didn't learn much more than I already knew:|

I think that the way you've got to look at it is that the price point of the treatment enables you to have enough time to treat the clients eyebrows.

I'm sure a lot of us have had clients come in with brows that need some serious tlc. In an ideal world we would like to spend the time to really rectify the problem.

If you enjoy doing eyebrows then I'd seriously consider doing the course. Maybe try the treatment yourself or get a friend to instead and see what you think.

Maybe go on a threading course if you don't already offer that as that is popular too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Absolute waste of money, no new clients and didn't learn much more than I already knew:|

I'm sorry but that's rubbish. How could you have not learnt anything new? Did you do upper & lower b's before & trim and wax and tweeze and draw hair strokes?

I don't mean to sound like a b***h but everyone is always to quick to slate the brand, maybe you just didn't get it or need to go on another refresher course, have you promoted HD brows? You need to bring the horse to water & all.

HD brows used up every one of my spare pennies to go on the course. There's 3/4 people in the area that offer it and I'm a home salon based in the middle of nowhere yet the response to HD brows is crazy! I'm working 70+hours a week and have made my money back 10 fold. One of my customers came from 40+ miles away.

Any course will only bring you money if you promote it. Facebook, twitter, Instagram, gumtree, Pinterest. Get yourself out there and before you know it everyone will know who you are!!

One word of advise....GET IT BOOKED! Best thing since sliced bread xxx

So pleased I trained with HD Brows. It's a brand everyone knows and wants.
From the minute I trained I'm non-stop and the profit margins are great. Retail is great too.
Get it booked you won't regret it x

Has anyone done the extra courses for HD brows? I am thinking of doing the refresher course?

Has anyone done the extra courses for HD brows? I am thinking of doing the refresher course?

Not yet but I will do in the next 6 months.
Techniques and products change so definately worth keeping up to date
X

I'm sorry but that's rubbish. How could you have not learnt anything new? Did you do upper & lower b's before & trim and wax and tweeze and draw hair strokes?

I don't mean to sound like a b***h but everyone is always to quick to slate the brand, maybe you just didn't get it or need to go on another refresher course, have you promoted HD brows? You need to bring the horse to water & all.

HD brows used up every one of my spare pennies to go on the course. There's 3/4 people in the area that offer it and I'm a home salon based in the middle of nowhere yet the response to HD brows is crazy! I'm working 70+hours a week and have made my money back 10 fold. One of my customers came from 40+ miles away.

Any course will only bring you money if you promote it. Facebook, twitter, Instagram, gumtree, Pinterest. Get yourself out there and before you know it everyone will know who you are!!

One word of advise....GET IT BOOKED! Best thing since sliced bread xxx
Yes I have always waxed above and below if needed, trimmed if needed, tweezed and drawn on hair strokes if needed. i am also able to tint and apply make up ;-), none of this is anything new, yes they showed me how to thread but not very well so I had to go on a further threading course.

The op asked opinions of people who have done the training and I gave mine :D

Last edited:
Highly recommend it.
I'm level 2 trained gave it up for a while and have now opened a mobile business concentrating only on HD Brows, Shellac & Spray Tanning. Wouldn't be without it and people are finding me on the salon finder also which is fab x

Thankyou everyone for your opinions. Maisiemouse is right, I wanted to hear all thoughts.

I have had HD treatment a few times and have always liked the result. I do all of these steps except threading and applying mske up. I do enjoy brows but I definitely have room for improvement.

Anyone else?

I was the same as you unsure whether to train I decided not to as most people I have spoke to haven't heard of it.
Have you spoke to people in your area?

Hi Zooks, I can't comment on the training, but am interested in the responses. My sister lives in Eastbourne and said she wanted HD brows done. I said that I didn't think they did much more than a therapist could offer anyway, but she said she wanted a real brow treatment, so brought her up to my place and did her a defined brow treatment - she loved it. She said that she felt that unless you stated on your pricelist 'Defined Brows' or something similar, clients would just think they would get a tint and wax, whereas you could offer it as an all encompassing treatment and make it clear it was more of a consultation/tint/wax/thread/measure/make up etc. I use a great make up range (Jane Iredale) and really love their brow treatments. I like the tint I use etc, so if I could add threading, I do think that I could offer an equivalent to HD without the hefty price tag. I think that if you are a therapist offering a few treatments, then HD might be worth adding, but if you are a beauty therapist offering treatments across the board, I would question the demand for it! Having said all that, I still haven't put a 'Defined Brows' treatment on my pricelist!!!

If you want to learn threading which is what I wanted and I did one of the very first HD courses then I would advise to do a threading course not hd brows as I certainly was not confident after doing it hence went on to do more training.

That was exactly what I was thinking. Also using Environ with high levels of Vit A, I'm having to pluck a lot more, as waxing is a contra, so thought threading might fill the gap!

That was exactly what I was thinking. Also using Environ with high levels of Vit A, I'm having to pluck a lot more, as waxing is a contra, so thought threading might fill the gap!

Try getting them to stop using the AVST around the eyebrow area for a week before they get them waxed then they are ok, obviously don't wax if on retinol. But I only have had problems when they get up to level 4 and 5. They are supposed to be looking into this, hopefully des will come up with something, are you going to see him in September?

How could you have not learnt anything new? Did you do upper & lower b's before & trim and wax and tweeze and draw hair strokes?

I've never done HD brow training, but really, all the above are basic eyebrow techniques that any good therapist will have always done. The only part that is not something I've done is threading, and I have no intention of doing it either, as waxing and plucking is more than sufficient to remove bulk hair and give a defined shape.

I've never done HD brow training, but really, all the above are basic eyebrow techniques that any good therapist will have always done. The only part that is not something I've done is threading, and I have no intention of doing it either, as waxing and plucking is more than sufficient to remove bulk hair and give a defined shape.

The reason I did HD brows training is that I was having my brows done by Karen betts and asked about threading training . It was one of the first courses available and was sold it on how it was an amazing course that would transform brows and yes I would be able to thread, so I jumped in not knowing any better. Thankfully I got a discounted price as it was the first course.:Scared:

Did I learn anything new, no, I have been doing brows for 13 years and do all of the above except threading, did it get me anymore business, no, because I was not doing anything new, and I still could not thread afterwards. So I did a threading course where I did learn to thread properly, however I never thread because as said above you can shape the brows perfectly with waxing and tweezing, plus I don't know if its just me but I find threading can distort the follicles so much that when the hairs grow back in they are sticking out everywhere.

The only people that have come to me for HD brows are people who have very little eyebrows that don't grow back in which case you can't transform them with HD brows they need semi permanent make up.

I would advise to do a brow course with Kim lawless instead, far better :Love:

One of the best things I've ever taken on is HD. The amount of new clients I get through the door from the HD salon finder is brilliant, usually around 4 per week and they tend to always come back for other treatments too. I made my money back in less than a month, and I Did the course about 4 years ago and it's still as busy as the start. You may find that you don't learn loads new if you're already doing most of these techniques together but remember you're also buying into the brand. I've no regrets and would recommend it to anyone. Book on it ASAP!!!

Ill probably get shot down for this but its my opinion....my clients are generally older ladies with over plucked brows which no amount of HDing will correct, yes they can look better tinted and made up for a while but it's not permanent...

As for the younger ones I see around the college where I teach, most are too dark, wrong shade, too thick, too long, too arched or just plain don't suit them!

I also personally hate threading...I can however after many years, measure, tint, wax, trim, tweeze, shape, draw in, nourish, advise and make up with the best of them :)

We used to have a lady who came in to do HD brows and semi permanent make up. She was always fully booked and it brought in a lot of new clients.

She recently went on maternity leave and so I didn't lose her clients needed to train to offer what she did.my only concern was the cost of HD training. I thought it was way over priced.

I then chose to train with BD brows - Billion Dollar brows. It was really great and the clients love it. All of the previous HD clients say they actually prefer the way BD brows are done.

I did think before I can do all the treatments involved so why train but u really do learn more techniques and the specific way of how to do the particular treatment.

So glad I did the training with BDBrows and now I earn all of the money in salon instead of just a percentage.

Latest posts

Back